Marketing Education Section
We are a group of dynamic marketing educators who aim to make a difference.
Join us and help make marketing education the course that is a must for students to have on their resumes to be successful in today’s workforce and earn professional development meaningful to their careers.You might also like to read this success story by a marketing student and DECA member.
The Marketing Education Section of ACTE® encompasses a diverse group of professionals dedicated to educating students in marketing. To better and serve members in this Section, there are eight areas of interest Marketing Education Section members can choose to join:
- Cooperative Education
- Future Educators Association
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Marketing/Venture Capital Programs
- Public Relations
- Social Media Marketing
- Sports and Entertainment
- Student Store Operations
Our diverse membership includes educators from:
- the classroom teacher
- the teacher leader
- adult education
- community colleges
- four-year degree programs
- graduate programs
- postsecondary schools
- secondary schools
- teacher-education programs
- technology centers
- two-year colleges
- other related programs
- DECA advisors
- student store operations managers
- cooperative education managers
- internship educators
The ACTE Marketing Education Section is aligned with the following career clusters:
- Marketing, Sales and Services
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Business, Management and Administration
Some key concepts and skills included in the teaching of marketing education are listed below:
- Marketing, management and entrepreneurship, communications, economics and finance.
- Hospitality and tourism encompass the management, marketing and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events and travel-related services.
- Planning, managing and performing marketing activities to reach organizational objectives.
- Business management and administration careers encompass planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Business management and administration career opportunities are available in every sector in the economy.
- Planning services for financial and investment planning, banking, insurance and business financial management.
- Designing, producing, exhibiting, performing, writing and publishing multimedia content, including visual and performing arts and design, journalism, and entertainment services.
To join the Marketing Education Section, visit the membership section of this Web site or call 800-826-9972. If you are a member of another ACTE Division, consider joining the Marketing Section as your secondary affiliation.
ACTE Division Associates for the Marketing Education Section
- DECA prepares leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges across the globe. The only business-focused student organization in all 50 states, DECA enhances the co-curricular education of members through its comprehensive learning program that integrates into classroom instruction, applies learning, connects to business and promotes competition. DECA’s activities assist in the development of academically prepared, community-oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders. DECA Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit student organization with over 200,000 members in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, Korea, Canada, Mexico and Germany. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state, district and international departments of education authorize DECA’s programs. For more information, visit www.deca.org.
- MBA Research & Curriculum Center (MBAResearch)
- MBAResearch is organized as a consortium of 39 state education departments and other organizations to support educators in the preparation of students for careers in business and marketing.
Marketing Education Section Resources