ACTE Board of Directors 2021 Elections
From Dec. 4, 2020, to 11:59 p.m. ET on Jan. 4, 2021, members of the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) will elect officers for the following board of directors positions:
- President-elect: Serves a one-year term beginning in July 2021, followed by one year as president and one year as past president
- Region V Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2021
- Agriculture Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2021
- Health Science Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2021
- Region II Vice President-elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022
- Region III Vice President-elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022.
- New and Related Services Vice President-elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022
All ACTE individual professional, retired, educational institution members, and national affiliate organizations whose membership dues are received at ACTE headquarters by Nov. 4, 2020, are eligible to vote. Please review the biographical information and platform statements for the nominees and exercise your right to vote for ACTE’s leadership. This information is also posted online at acteonline.org/board_election_candidates.
The election process will be conducted via electronic ballot only. Ballots will be sent to member email addresses listed in the ACTE database. ACTE works with Survey and Ballot Systems (SBS) to manage the board of directors elections. You will receive an e-signature via email that must be used with your member number to vote electronically. If you do not receive an e-signature by midnight on Dec. 5, please contact email@example.com. Electronic ballots must be cast by 11:59 p.m. ET on Jan. 4, 2021. Ballots will be counted and audited at the offices of SBS, and the results will be posted on ACTE’s website and announced in Techniques.
In order to facilitate a smooth election process, please be sure to:
- Verify your email address with ACTE. If ACTE does not have your email address, it is imperative that you update your member profile immediately. You can do this on the ACTE website by:
- Visiting acteonline.org
- Logging in (Username: your email address; password: your ACTE ID number plus your first and last initials — e.g., 123456AH)
- Clicking on “View Profile”
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you/your IT department puts Survey and Ballot Systems on your email server’s “white list” so your voting information will not be marked as spam. The email will come from email@example.com.
- Remember that in order to vote, you must be a member of ACTE as of Nov. 4, 2020. Members are only allowed to vote in elections for their region and any divisions of which they are a member.