High-quality CTE Tools
The ACTE Quality CTE Program of Study FrameworkTM (2018 version) and companion self-evaluation instrument is an evidence-based framework defining high-quality CTE. With more than 90 criteria organized under 12 elements, the Framework captures the full range of activities across a CTE program of study.
- Read the Framework
- Take the self-evaluation in hard copy or online (Trouble seeing the online evaluation? Try clearing your browser data)
- Learn more about the Framework and its elements with ACTE courses, publications and webinars
- Access reports, research studies, toolkits and more to help you achieve quality in each element of the Framework through the High-quality CTE Library
- Share a one-pager and infographic describing the Framework with colleagues and other CTE stakeholders
- Explore ACTE’s process for developing the Framework
When the self-evaluation is completed online, the user receives an automatically calculated score report emailed as an Excel file. Users who wish to share their online self-evaluation results with a third party may enter that third party’s email address in the Optional Data Release section on the first page of the online self-evaluation (if you don’t receive results, please check your spam folder).
Since its launch in 2018, the online Framework self-evaluation has been completed more than 3,800 times. For questions about the framework, please contact ACTE Research Director Catherine Imperatore.