ACTE’s comprehensive, research-based Quality CTE Program of Study Framework describes 12 elements of a high-quality program of study. Follow the links below for strategies, case studies and toolkits to help practitioners develop and support success within each element. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact ACTE Research Manager Catherine Imperatore.
This resource is currently under development. The following sections will be revised during summer 2018.
12 Elements of a High-quality CTE Program of Study
- Standards-aligned and Integrated Curriculum
- Sequencing and Articulation
- Student Assessment
- Prepared and Effective Program Staff
- Engaging Instruction
- Access and Equity
- Facilities and Equipment
- Business and Community Partnerships
- Career Development
- Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Work-based Learning
- Data and Program Improvement