Learn more about the Engineering and Technology Education
Division from Jay Davis!
Jay R. Davis
Engineering & Technology Education Division Vice President
Kokomo Area Career Center
2415 S. Berkley Rd., Kokomo, IN 46902
|Welcome to the Engineering and Technology Education Division (eTED) of the Association for Career and Technical Education®. Our Division is composed of engineering and technology education teachers from both middle school and high school classrooms across the nation, district and state supervisors of secondary engineering and technology education, plus engineering/technology education teacher educators. The eTED helps promote and enhance secondary engineering and technology education throughout the United States and cooperates with other ACTE Divisions to advance career and technical education nationally.|
Included in the Engineering and Technology Education Division is our STEM Area of Interest. ACTE offers a variety of STEM-related resources to our members, including our STEM SmartBrief. STEM educators wishing to join our STEM area of interest should e-mail us.
From our humble beginnings as manual arts in the Imperial Locomotive Works, to the Boston Manual Arts High School (now MIT), to our prominent place in the Morrill Act of 1862, manual arts, now engineering/technology education, has provided both career exploration and technical skill development for its students. The eTED strives to serve all of the secondary engineering and technology education profession whether the subject content that is taught is construction, communications, manufacturing, power and energy, transportation or pre-engineering.
Join your colleagues! Join the Engineering and Technology Education Division today and benefit from the professional development opportunities and national advocacy that will be afforded you. You can count on receiving an outstanding return on your investment. Additionally, the eTED encourages you to get involved with your division. Contact the eTED vice-president or any of the eTED Policy Committee members to discuss the opportunities available for you to serve.
The eTED seeks to work with all professional associations in the engineering and technology education arena to advance the discipline. This is accomplished through active participation by the division’s members in fellow associations and by the partnerships formed by the eTED leadership with other professional organizations. Professional associations officially affiliated with the ACTE Engineering and Technology Education Division include:
The ACTE Engineering and Technology Education Division is aligned with the following Career Clusters:
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Information Technology
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Engineering and Technology Division Resources and Documents
- Meet Jay Davis
- Engineering and Technology Education Awards Portal
- Full ACTE Division/Career Clusters Matrix
- Engineering and Technology Education Committee Representatives
- Engineering and Technology Division Policy Committee
- Engineering and Technology Education Division Newsletters
- Engineering and Technology Education Handbook
- Handbook Intro
- Engineering and Technology Education Board Report Archive
- Engineering and Technology Education Operating Policies
- Engineering and Technology Education Meeting Minutes
- Engineering and Technology Education Strategic Plan
- Teaching Tips for New Engineering and Technology Educators