On July 31, the President signed into law H.R. 2353, the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act, the bill that reauthorizes the 2006 Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act. We now have a new law governing the federal investment in CTE! Check back here regularly for the latest resources related to the new law!
Perkins V: The Official Guide
ACTE Members: $41.95 / Non-Members. $44.95
Pre-Order for ACTE Members: $34.95/each for 5 or more copies.
- Bill Text as Passed (Public Law Not Yet Available)
- Redline Showing Changes to Current Law
- One-page Summary of New Law
- Full Summary of New Law
- Perkins V Funding Distribution Chart
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Perkins V Recorded Webinar 8/2/18 (pdf slides here)
Questions on Perkins V?
If you have any questions on the new law, you can ask them via Twitter by using #AskPerkinsV to tweet at our new Twitter account (@AskPerkinsV), which is dedicated solely to answering Perkins V questions. Alternatively, you can email questions to email@example.com with the subject line “Perkins V Question.”
Partner Group Resources