The ACTE Career Academies section represents the membership that is involved in developing, implementing career academies that are career pathway focused. The career academies section provides leadership, advocacy, and professional development sessions that address the unique issues that address integrated career academies.
Teachers, counselors, administrators, advisory boards, and industry partners are invited to participate, develop, and implement the annual program of work for the career academies section. The career academies section is growing and has a great deal of professional support from partner organizations to provide cutting edge methodologies based on research and the future employment/competency needs of the industry.
As you explore more, you might want to check out:
- A national directory of career academies
- A career academies policy-related white paper
- A career academies Issue Brief
- Guides for implementing key features of academies
- Videos that highlight some California academies
- An example of a mentoring program housed in an academy
- A database of theme-based curriculum for academies
- A toolbox containing forms, templates and resources
Career academies have become a major part of the high school reform discussion, and ACTE wants to provide a recognized avenue for those interested in career academies to network and share.
Career Academy Resources
National Career Academy Coalition (NCAC) and The National Standards of Practice
Career Academy Support Network
American Youth Policy Forum
National Academy Foundation
Career Academies: A Proven Strategy to Prepare High School Students for College and Careers
For more information contact:
Career Academies Section Leader:
Phone: 623 256 5268