Policy, Advocacy and Research Publications
ACTE has produced a number of resources for CTE professionals to use in local, state and federal advocacy efforts and public outreach for CTE, as well as publications that synthesize state and national policies and relevant CTE research.
- Fact Sheets: Quick facts and research points about CTE.
- State Fact Sheets: These printable one-page documents provide basics on your state’s CTE program, including delivery, funding, enrollment, performance statistics and profiles of exemplary programs.
- Career Readiness Series: This series of publications outlines what it means to be career ready and explores how elements of the CTE system can contribute to students’ overall career readiness.
- Sector Sheets (sponsored by Pearson):Sector Sheets describe CTE’s role in growing the qualified workforce for high-growth, high-demand industries such as advanced manufacturing and healthcare.
- Issue Briefs: These publications are designed to highlight the role of CTE in a broader issue of national interest. Each brief serves to strengthen the voice of CTE related to the specific issue and to draw more attention to CTE activities and best practices around the country. The briefs provide background information, highlight research, profile CTE programs and include numerous examples of how CTE is tied to the broader issue.
- Issue Sheets: Issue Sheets are short summaries of ACTE’s Issue Briefs, exploring the role that CTE plays in broad areas of national interest.
- State Policies Impacting CTE: Year in Review: This publication gives an overview and a state-by-state summary of CTE-related policies enacted each year, including a chart showing key trends across the country, co-produced with Advance CTE, formerly known as the National Association of State Directors of CTE Consortium.
- NRCCUA CTE Works! Research Report: Findings from our annual, nationwide survey of CTE students and educators, conducted in partnership with the National Research Center for College and University Admissions (NRCCUA).
- State CTE Profiles: These profiles are intended to provide clarity and context to the complex and diverse CTE systems that exist today, and highlight important initiatives and policy developments occurring in states across the country.
- High-quality CTE Tools: A library of reports, toolkits and other resources for each of the 12 elements of ACTE’s Quality Program of Study Framework.