To support CTE educators with the transition to socially distanced, remote and blended/hybrid learning environments, ACTE is pleased to offer:
- 150+ online CTE Learn courses through ACTE and MaxKnowledge. Courses cover a range of topics, including teaching CTE remotely, and are self-paced. Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
- ACTE’s guide to help CTE educators prepare for delivering CTE in the new school year, High-quality CTE: Planning for a COVID-19-Impacted School Year
- ACTE recently wrapped up a series of webinars to further dive into 2020-21 planning. View the recordings.
For additional resources that ACTE compiled during spring 2020 to support CTE educators, please visit the tabs below:
These are resources for career development, employability skill development, project management, industry engagement and other topics that can be integrated into any CTE subject area.
- Skills to Succeed Academy online multimedia experience for student career planning, exploration and employability skill development (Accenture): https://www.acteonline.org/s2s/
- To access free modules, visit http://s2sacademy.org and register with ACTE Student Code 04ATgl and ACTE Staff Code 04ATgl9999 (this provides additional resources just for teachers and advisers)
- CareerPrepped lifelong career success system with virtual work-based learning activities and multi-media learning experiences addressing 43 “soft skills,” including a digital portfolio, targeted resume builder, interview prep videos and a job center (Max Knowledge): https://www.ctelearn.org/careerprepped
- CareerPrepped is free for ACTE Members, including members of ACTE’s Unified State Association Partners, through the generous support of MaxKnowledge, Inc.
- Career planning tools addressing career pathways and employability skills in the global economy (The Center for Global Education at Asia Society, ACTE and Advance CTE): https://asiasociety.org/education/career-planning-tools
- All materials are available completely free-of-charge thanks to generous support from the Project Management Institute Educational Foundation. For more information, contact Heather Singmaster (email@example.com) with any questions.
- eDynamic Learning free activities and resources for career discovery: https://edynamiclearning.com/category/activity and https://edynamiclearning.com/career-compass
- How to Use Xello for Remote Learning: https://xello.world/en/blog/remote-learning-xello
- CareerExplorer virtual career exploration, work-based learning and early learner solutions for states: https://headed2.com
- Headed2 is making its virtual career planning resource available for all 50 states and Puerto Rico at no cost through the end of this academic year.
- SkillsUSA Career Essentials: https://www.skillsusa.org/complimentary-access-skillsusa-career-essentials
- SkillsUSA is providing complimentary access to Career Essentials for a limited quantity of students.
- Microburst EmployABILITY Soft Skills Program and distance learning resources:
- The EmployABILITY Soft Skills Program is now virtually accessible for all levels. Contact Microburst Learning for more information: 803-719-5073, chat at https://www.microburstlearning.com/ess/support.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microburst is also offering free soft skills content for distance learning, including an activity to help students develop their planning and organizing skills and the “Why Soft Skills” Lesson: https://microburstlearning.com/ess/TimeAway/story_html5
- EnvisionIT free college and career readiness curriculum addressing career readiness/transition planning, IT literacy, reading/writing and financial literacy: https://nisonger.osu.edu/research/envision-it/what-is-envisionit
- Soft Skills High virtual solution for teaching, assessing and certifying students in 21st century essential skills: https://www.softskillshigh.com
- At this time, Soft Skills High is offering a free online teacher training program to support building best practices for soft skills instruction. Learn more and sign up at https://www.softskillshigh.com/lp.php
- Emerge with Rubin online training for business communication skills (Danny Rubin):
- To access 11 free assignments from the Emerge with Rubin online program, complete the form at https://danny50f1e1.clickfunnels.com/squeeze-page1584126067584
- Talking Safety online workplace safety curriculum (NIOSH and NOCTI): https://www.nocti.org/niosh/Niosh_Flyer_2016-web.pdf
- PMIEF Fundamentals of Project Management online assessment and resource library: https://www.nocti.org/pdf/pmief/PMIEF_FLYER.pdf and https://pmief.org/library/resources?utm_source=COVID%20Bar%20Resources%20Page
- Nebraska Career Clusters virtual industry tours: https://www.nebraskacareerclusters.com
- ConnectED Day at Work Videos: https://connectedstudios.org/life_videos
- Careers in the Military (ASVAB CEP): https://www.careersinthemilitary.com/home
- FabFems database of women in STEM professions who are inspiring role models for young women: https://www.fabfems.org
- CTSO Virtual Conference Tips and Tricks (Jen Girvin, Colorado FBLA-PBL State Adviser, and Kent Seuferer, Iowa CTSO State Adviser): https://youtu.be/acPEbjJo8sQ
These are resources for discipline-specific curriculum and assessments across multiple CTE subject areas.
- The CTE Distance Learning weekly publication, created by the California Department of Education’s Career and College Transition Division in partnership with ACTE, CTEOnline.org and the San Diego County Office of Education’s Office of College and Career Readiness, highlighted sector-specific lesson plans, webinars and resources for spring 2020: https://www.acteonline.org/lesson-plan-resources
- Today’s Class online curriculum in Agriculture, Automotive/Diesel Technology, Barbering, Cosmetology, Health Science and Workplace Readiness: https://www.todaysclass.com
- Today’s Class is allowing access free of charge until the end of the school year
May 1, 2020. Contact email@example.com to set up an account.
- Today’s Class is allowing access free of charge until the end of the school year
- NOCTI Digital Study Guides and Credentialing Assessments:
- For schools and states who had already purchased digital study guides for this year, those expirations are extended until June 30, 2021.
- For schools and states that would like to purchase digital study guides that had not purchased either in the past, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All expiration dates for NOCTI credentialing assessments that have not been utilized for 2020 will be extended to June 30, 2021, at no charge.
- Certiport CTE Learning Products and Practice Tests:
- For U.S. schools experiencing difficulties due to COVID–19 and closed campuses, Certiport and their valued Learning Partners are offering free 90-day trials of distance learning products: https://gocertiport.pearsonvue.com/learning-product-trial
- Certiport has developed a home-based assessment solution using virtual machines that allows for administered exams that test candidates can take from home until December 31, 2020: http://www.certiport.com/examsfromhome
- Cengage digital platforms and ebooks: https://www.cengage.com/covid-19-support
- For U.S. colleges experiencing unplanned, mid-semester impacts due to COVID-19, Cengage is offering students free access to all our digital platforms and 14,000 ebooks through Cengage Unlimited, for the remainder of this semester.
- Goodheart-Wilcox Learning Companion digital curriculum and activities: https://www.g-wlearning.com
- iCEV online curriculum and distance learning resources: https://www.icevonline.com/distance-learning#ctecl
- Online Tools for 7 CTE Subject Areas: iCEV is offering a complimentary spring semester pilot. To learn more, fill out the form at the link above.
- Realityworks free lesson plans, webinars about delivering Realityworks curriculum online: https://www.realityworks.com/our-partnership-with-educators
- Nasco lesson plans and activities in STEM, FCS and Health Education: https://www.enasco.com/lessonplans?ic_source=prepare&ic_creative=GlobalNavLink&ic_id=LessonPlans-1119
- Educate.Today free videos and tools in a variety of CTE subject areas: https://educate.today
- Career Exploration category includes Business/Industry, Health/Sports, Law/Criminology, Education, Media Fields, Public Service/Government and more
- STEM/STEAM category includes Robotics, Engineering, Infrastructure, Aviation, Transportation and more
- National Academy Foundation resources and curriculum for IT, Finance, Health Sciences, Hospitality & Tourism and Engineering/STEM: https://naf.org/resources-for-making-an-effective-switch-to-remote-teaching
- CTE Online free teacher-created curriculum resources: https://www.cteonline.org
- CTE Online is curating lessons, projects and resources for all 15 industry sectors in the CTE Distance Learning Group at https://www.cteonline.org/groups/view/CTEDLR. Users will need to log-in or sign up for a free account to access.
- Career Cluster-specific lesson ideas, online curriculum and online certifications (curated by the Career & Technical Association of Texas): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gdf2Rw6gu2icdUTW3OSIy1jFjsUzImwXltVsAHhVExs/edit?usp=sharing
- Shared drive of lesson plans in construction, woodworking, welding, agriculture, photography, video production, automotive, and other subjects developed by two technology teachers from Southeast Kansas: Email email@example.com, using an email address connected to a Google account.
- MIT Open Courseware in STEM, Business and Health and Medicine: https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic
- Quizizz free online quizzes in CTE, Computer Science and Skills, and Health: https://quizizz.com/admin
- Described and Captioned Media Program free educational videos for learners with visual and hearing impairments (U.S. Department of Education): https://dcmp.org
- Click on “Browse Topics” to find relevant videos
- Business topic includes Agriculture, Construction, Energy, Industry, Management and Manufacturing
- Careers topic includes Automotive Maintenance and Repair, Industrial Arts, Welding, Job Skills and Occupations
- Home and Family topic includes Carpentry, House Construction, Cooking and Child Development
- Health and Safety topic
- Technology topic
- CTE Coalition: Industry Dedicated to Keeping CTE Moving: https://ctecoalition.com
- The CTE Coalition is a group of world-class industry partners and CTE organizations who have partnered to provide the resources necessary to keep CTE programs moving forward in these unprecedented times.
Please note that inclusion on this list does not signify ACTE endorsement of a product or service, although we are grateful to contributors for sharing their resources — thank you! — and please remember that any educational technology products, services or tools you use during this challenging time must still comply with FERPA and other laws related to student privacy. In addition to federal guidance on student privacy during COVID-19, the Future of Privacy Forum has developed an Educator’s Guide to Student Privacy, Online Learning Best Practices for Schools and Educators as well as COVID-19 privacy and data protection resources relevant to education, health care and other sectors.
June 22: ACTE published its guide, High-quality CTE: Planning for a COVID-19-impacted School Year.
June 3: Several expired offers were removed.
June 2: A new CTE Learn offer and ACTE’s new webinar series on planning for a COVID-19-impacted school year have been added.
May 27: Webinars about planning for the 2020-21 school year have been added to the Upcoming Events tab.
May 11: NCCER remote proctoring has been extended to July 31.
April 30: The ServSafe Food Handler offer has been extended through May 31.
April 21: Many thanks to the state Departments of Education and CTE in North Dakota, Missouri and Nebraska, as well as the National Science Foundation, for new distance learning resources!
April 20: Today’s Class, NOCTI, CareerSafe, Nepris, AgEdNet.com and Home Builders Institute have all extended their initial offers. Please see the relevant tabs for more details.
April 15: OCTAE has published its second FAQ on Perkins and COVID-19, and guidance is now available on donating PPE and other equipment purchased with federal funds. Many thanks to the CTE Coalition and ASE Education Foundation for sharing additional distance learning resources!
April 7: Many thanks to Harbor Freight Tools for Schools for sharing additional distance learning resources!
April 1: Many thanks to our colleagues at the Career & Technical Association of Texas and the National Partnership to Recruit, Prepare, and Support FCS Educators for sharing new distance learning resources!
March 31: OCTAE has published its first FAQ in response to school closures, addressing state and local Perkins planning.
March 27: Many thanks to our colleagues at the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) and Advance CTE for alerting us to new distance learning resources!