Career and technical education, or CTE, is education that directly prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE covers many different fields, including health care, information technology, advanced manufacturing, hospitality and management and many more, as described in the national Career Clusters® and ACTE’s What is CTE? page and Sector Sheets. CTE encompasses many different types of education, from classroom learning to certification programs to work-based learning opportunities outside the classroom.
What is CTE Month?
Career and Technical Education Month®, or CTE Month®, is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
What can I do to celebrate CTE Month?
- View the winners of the CTE Month-NASA HUNCH Student Video Challenge
- Host a school visit and invite members of your local community to learn about your school’s strong CTE programs firsthand
- Reach out to the media to encourage them to attend events and advise them of the benefits of CTE, or use social media to do the same
- Work with business and industry leaders to ensure they understand the role CTE plays in readying their future workforce
- Purchase pens, pencils, lanyards and other CTE Month Merchandise to use at events or at your school
- Download our CTE Month logo for use with any print or digital outreach
Please note that the term “CTE Month” or “Career and Technical Education Month” must be followed by the trademark sign (®) the first time it appears in a document or visual presentation.