Celebrate CTE Month!
Generously sponsored by NAHB
Join us as we celebrate Career and Technical Education Month®, generously sponsored in 2022 by the National Association of Home Builders. CTE Month® is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country. Share with the world how much you love CTE! Raise awareness about the importance of CTE for our students and our nation’s economy and have fun doing it!
What is CTE?
Career and technical education, or CTE, is education that directly prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE covers many different fields, including health care, information technology, advanced manufacturing, hospitality and management and many more, as described in ACTE’s What is CTE? page and Sector Sheets. CTE encompasses many different types of education, from classroom learning to certification programs to work-based learning opportunities outside the classroom.
What can I do to celebrate CTE Month?
- Participate in the CTE Month-NASA HUNCH Student Video Challenge: How Can Space Exploration Solve Climate Change?
- Host a school visit and invite members of your local community to learn about your school’s strong CTE programs firsthand
- Engage your policymakers and the media to encourage them to attend events and tell your CTE story, or use social media to do the same
- Work with business and industry leaders to ensure they understand the role CTE plays in readying their future workforce
- Purchase pens, pencils, lanyards and other CTE Month Merchandise to use at events or at your school
- Download our CTE Month logo for use with any print or digital outreach
Please note, the “CTE Month” or “Career and Technical Education Month” must be followed by the trademark sign (®) the first time it appears in a document or visual presentation.
Intentional Act of Kindness
We think an element of intentional kindness is active listening. According to the University of Maine Fort Kent, “Listening is a conscious activity based on three basic skills: attitude, attention, and adjustment.” Learn more about these skills, known collectively as triple-A listening.