National Affiliate Organization Membership
For nearly a century, the Association for Career and Technical Education® has provided its individual members with the tools and resources they need to be successful educators. With the establishment of the ACTE National Affiliate Organization membership program, not-for-profit organizations that have a professional interest in activities that foster the improvement and expansion of career and technical education now have the opportunity to be actively involved with ACTE and its mission to provide leadership in developing an educated, prepared and competitive workforce.
Becoming an ACTE member signifies a commitment to the career and technical education field, as well as support for ACTE. All National Affiliate Organization members receive access to complimentary meeting space at ACTE’s CareerTech VISION and National Policy Seminar, as well as at ACTE Headquarters, provided that meeting space is available. As an ACTE member, you also have access to, and public recognition in ACTE’s publications and website. Annual dues are $500. Join Now and see who else has joined!
The strength of ACTE is reflected in its diverse membership, composed of thousands of career and technical educators, administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others from a range of fields, including construction, finance and health care. Each of our members is involved in planning and conducting career and technical education programs at the secondary, postsecondary or adult levels.
ACTE works daily to ensure that CTE educators receive the policy support and funding they need to offer high-quality programs. The work of ACTE helps support the broad range of CTE programs across the country that are helping to deliver high-quality education that will result in a prepared, well-educated and adaptable workforce—a workforce that will continue to enhance and increase the economic viability of our nation.
Eligibility & Policies
National Affiliate Organization membership is available to any national organization that has a professional interest in activities that foster the improvement and expansion of career and technical education. The Board of Directors, in approving affiliation, establishes the following criteria for National Affiliate Organization membership.
- The organization must be an association that has a professional interest in activities that foster the improvement and expansion of career and technical education.
- The constitution, bylaws and policies shall not be in conflict with the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws or Operating Policies of ACTE.
- The organization’s program activities must show evidence of support for ACTE’s program activities.
- The Board of Directors shall have the final say should there be a question of an organization meeting the above criteria.
ACTE establishes the following dues and benefits for National Affiliate Organization members:
- The annual dues for National Affiliate Organization members is $500
- Each National Affiliate Organization member will designate one individual as the contact listing for the organization. This individual is entitled to all benefits and services of Individual professional members
- Discounts on design, printing, distribution and Web services offered by ACTE shall be extended to National Affiliate Organization members
- Each National Affiliate Organization member is entitled to one (1) nonvoting delegate to the Assembly of Delegates
- Complimentary meeting space at the ACTE Annual Convention and NPS is to be provided based on availability as determined each year by the ACTE staff
- Complimentary meeting space at the ACTE headquarters will be extended to National Affiliate Organization members.
- New opportunities to interact with schools and educators to train the future workforce
- A national platform to launch new strategies and initiative
- Direct communication with CTE school and college administrators to promote industry skill standards
- A network of other organizations that share common concerns and staffing needs
- Information you need to make essential and effective business decisions
- A copy of our award winning publication, Techniques eight times a year
- Regular communications for all members and special news for our VIP Affiliate Members
- Access to discounts and promotions for ACTE events and activities
- Priority consideration for posts to ACTE’s Industry Connect Blog
- Special exhibit placement at ACTE events
- Discounts through ShopACTE
- Additional benefits can be requested for your employees through your Affiliate Member status
Why Should You Support ACTE as an Affiliate Member?
ACTE acts for the entire CTE community on a federal level. It is your membership that unifies our message to make the industry stronger as a whole. Plus, we provide you with the most current resources and information regarding CTE trends and initiatives that may impact your organization and its constituents.
Affiliate member voices are key in shaping the steps ACTE takes to represent the industry. Without your encouragement, ACTE would be unable to provide business leaders and legislators the information they need to support CTE programs.
To take advantage of this unique membership opportunity, complete the application form:
You can either e-mail them to email@example.com, fax to 703-683-7424 or mail to: P.O. Box 758621 Baltimore, MD, 21275-8621. If you have any questions regarding the benefits or how to join please contact us at 800-826-9972.
ACTE dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for U.S. federal income tax purposes but may be deductible as a business expense.
It is the support of organizations like yours that strengthens ACTE’s voice and helps ACTE achieve its mission to provide leadership in developing an educated, prepared and competitive workforce.