New & Related Services Division
The New and Related Services Division includes several sections. These sections represent individuals from emerging areas of career and technical education unrelated to an established ACTE Division or individuals from areas that provide specialized support to broad areas of CTE that often cut across all Divisions.
Student Access & Equity During a Time of Uncertainty
The Association for Career and Technical Education Administration and New and Related Services Divisions are partnering with the CTE Equity Council and Penn State University to host a live event featuring a panel of experts focused on how to support access and equity during COVID-19. While no one has all the answers, we will share what we know, take questions, and are eager to learn from other participants about your promising practices in the era of COVID-19.
ACTE is proud to announce a new partnership with the Law and Public Safety Education Network (LAPSEN). Together we commit to support CTE professionals in this sector with professional development opportunities, resources and member benefits.
Membership in each NRS section provides an opportunity for specialized professional growth and development, as well as participation in all NRS and ACTE activities. Twenty-five members are required to establish a new section, and 750 members to become a Board Division with representation on ACTE’s Board of Directors by an elected vice president. Presently, the New and Related Services Division sections include:
- Career Academy
- CTE Scholars
- Work-Based Learning/Youth Apprenticeship Program (formerly called Cooperative Work Experience)
- Integration of Academics and Career and Technical Education**
- Instructional Management & Materials
- Makers of Policy/Public Information
- JROTC Leadership Pathways
- Special Populations
- Support Staff
- Tech Prep
- Other & Related Section
The ACTE New and Related Services Division is aligned with the following career clusters:
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Business, Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Human Services
- Law, Public Safety and Security
- Marketing, Sales and Service
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Organizations that are division associates of the New and Related Services Division include:***
- Customized Business and Industry Training Services
- IVETA International Vocational Education and Training Association
- National Association for Tech Prep Leaders
*For information on the establishment of a new section in the New and Related Services Division, please contact NRS Vice President Rachael Mann. **Formerly related subjects are language arts, mathematics, social sciences and humanities. ***Organizations interested in becoming NRS affiliates may contact NRS Vice President Rachael Mann.
New and Related Services Division Resources