ACTE’s members elect its Board of Directors from among eligible members each year,with open positions rotating on a three-year basis. Nominations for the ACTE Board of Directors Election are open from April 1-June 15. Nominating committees vet the candidates over the summer. Candidates are formally approved during the Business Meetings and Assembly of Delegates meeting at ACTE’s CareerTech VISION. Voting begins during VISION and is open for 30 days; although the exact timeline varies from year-to-year, voting usually occurs in November and December. The newly elected Board of Directors completes an orientation process in March and officially starts their term July 1.
Updated campaign rules are available here.
If you have any questions about the election, please contact Dominique Frascoia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VICE PRESIDENT ROLES:
Additional information about the requirements/responsibilities of serving as a Region/Division Vice President can be found here. Guidelines/eligibility information for Vice President positions can be found here.
In order to apply for President-Elect, you must have served for at least one year (at the time of nomination) as a National ACTE Board Member as Region or Division Vice President. Additional information about the requirements/responsibilities of serving as a President can be found here
Looking for a quick summary of the Board of Directors Election Process? View our video!
Positions eligible for the 2022 election include:
- President-Elect: Serves a one-year term beginning in July 2022, followed by one-year as president and one-year as past president.
- Business Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022
- Family and Consumer Sciences Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022.
- Region I Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2023.
- Region IV Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2023.
- Engineering and Technology Education Division Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2023.
- Trade and Industrial Education Division Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2023.
In order to accommodate the election, the nomination process/timeline is as follows:
- Nominations for the election are due June 15.
- In July, the nominating committees will meet via conference call to approve the candidates.
- In order to vote, you must be an ACTE member by November 3.
- Candidate information will be featured in the November/December Techniques.
- Voting will open during ACTE’s CareerTech VISION on Friday, December 3 and end at 11:59 p.m. on January 3.
- Winners will be announced the week of – January 3.
Please click here for information on the previous election’s winners.