ACTE’s members elect its Board of Directors from among eligible members each year,with open positions rotating on a three-year basis. Nominations for the ACTE Board of Directors Election are open from April 1-June 15. Nominating committees vet the candidates over the summer. Candidates are formally approved during the Business Meetings and Assembly of Delegates meeting at ACTE’s CareerTech VISION. Voting begins during VISION and is open for 30 days; although the exact timeline varies from year-to-year, voting usually occurs in November and December. The newly elected Board of Directors completes an orientation process in March and officially starts their term July 1.
Updated campaign rules are available here.
If you have any questions about the election, please contact Lauren Lessels at email@example.com.
VICE PRESIDENT ROLES:
Additional information about the requirements/responsibilities of serving as a Region/Division Vice President can be found here. Guidelines/eligibility information for Vice President positions can be found here.
In order to apply for President-Elect, you must have served for at least one year (at the time of nomination) as a National ACTE Board Member as Region or Division Vice President. Additional information about the requirements/responsibilities of serving as a President can be found here
Looking for a quick summary of the Board of Directors Election Process? View our video!
Positions eligible for the 2021 election include:
- President-Elect: Serves a one-year term beginning in July 2021, followed by one-year as president and one-year as past president.
- Region V Vice President:Serves a three-year term beginning July 2021.
- Agriculture Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2021.
- Health Science Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2021.
- Region II Vice President-Elect:Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022.
- Region III Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022.
- New and Related Services Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2022.
In order to accommodate the election, the nomination process/timeline is as follows:
- Nominations for the election are due June 15.
- In July, the nominating committees will meet via conference call to approve the candidates.
- In order to vote, you must be an ACTE member by November 4.
- Candidate information will be featured in the November/DecemberTechniques.
- Voting will open during ACTE’s CareerTech VISION on Friday, December 4 and end at 11:59 p.m. on January 4.
- Winners will be announced the week of – January 4.
Please click here for information on the previous election’s winners.