2017 Board of Directors Candidates
ACTE Board of Directors 2017 Elections
From December 2, 2016, to 11:59 p.m. ET January 1, 2017 members of ACTE will elect officers for the following Board of Directors positions:
- President-Elect: Serves a one-year term beginning in July 2017, followed by one year as president and one year as past president.
- Region V Vice President- Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2018.
- Administration Division Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2018.
- Engineering and Technology Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2017.
- Guidance and Career Development Division Vice President- Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2018..
- Health Science Education Division Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2018.
- Marketing Education Division Vice President: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2017.
- Postsecondary, Adult and Career Education Division Vice President-Elect: Serves a three-year term beginning July 2018.
All ACTE individual professional, retired, educational institution members and national affiliate organizations whose membership dues are received at ACTE headquarters by November 2, 2016, are eligible to vote. Please review the biographical information and platform statements for the nominees, and exercise your right to vote for ACTE’s future leadership. This information is also posted online on the ACTE website. Please note that the nominees featured on the following pages and online are not official candidates. Candidates will be officially selected at ACTE’s CareerTech VISION 2016.
The election process will be conducted via electronic ballot only. Ballots will be sent to member e-mail addresses listed in the ACTE database. ACTE has selected Survey and Ballot Systems (SBS) to manage the Board of Directors elections. You will receive an e-signature via e-mail that must be used with your member number to vote electronically. If you do not receive an e-signature by midnight on December 2, please contact ACTE’s Leadership Department at 800-826-9972, ext. 315. Electronic ballots must be cast by 11:59 p.m. ET January 1, 2016. Ballots will be counted and audited at the offices of SBS, and the results will be posted on ACTE’s website and announced in Techniques magazine.
In order to facilitate a smooth election process, please be sure to:
- Verify your e-mail address with ACTE. If ACTE does not have your e-mail address, it is imperative that you update your member profile immediately. You can do this on the ACTE website by going to www.acteonline.org, logging-in (Access: ACTE ID# and last name or updated password), and clicking on “Update Your Profile,” or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Make sure you/your IT Dept. put Survey and Ballot Systems on your e-mail’s “white list” so that your voting information can be received/not marked as spam. The e-mail will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember that in order to vote, you must be a member of ACTE as of November 2, 2016. Members are only allowed to vote in elections for their region and any divisions of which they are a member.
RegionV Vice President-Elect
Administration Division Vice President-Elect
Engineering and Technology Education Division Vice President
Health Science Education Division Vice President-Elect
Marketing Education Division Vice President
Postsecondary, Adult and Career Education Division Vice President-Elect