Resources, Tools & Examples:
High-quality CTE in a COVID-19-impacted School Year
The following resources, tools and examples are excerpted from ACTE’s High-quality CTE: Planning for a COVID-19-impacted School Year, a guide published in June 2020 for helping CTE stakeholders identify the key considerations, guiding questions and emerging best practices that should shape 2020-21 planning. Click the links below for resources, tools and examples organized around the elements of ACTE’s Quality CTE Program of Study Framework.
These listings will be updated as new resources, tools and examples become available. More discipline-specific content can be found on ACTE’s Distance Learning Resources page.
System Supports: Resources, Tools & Examples
- The CDC has published reopening guidelines, disinfecting protocols and considerations for K– 12 schools and higher education institutions. In July, the CDC released additional guidance titled “The Importance of Reopening America’s Schools This Fall.”
- Advance CTE has released a brief on COVID19’s impact on CTE and the coming school year and a more detailed guide for state leaders to help them prepare a plan for delivering CTE that will support all learners.
- ExcelinEd has developed a detailed breakdown of different scheduling, grouping and calendar options for 2020–21, and shared results from a state leader survey on reopening.
- This webcast from EdSource takes a deep dive into three school districts identified by the Center on Reinventing Public Education as having success in their transition to remote learning.
- This article from Education Dive discusses the challenges of socially distanced educational spaces. Education Week has produced several articles and resources on adapting educational facilities to social distancing, including a measurement guide and other articles. This Spaces4Learning article also describes how to rethink school spaces in light of social distancing.
- Inside Higher Ed has published a number of articles on reopening, including 15 scenarios for 2020–21 planning and others found in this compilation.
- This article from the Hechinger Report discusses the potential for growing community college enrollments as this year’s graduates delay attending four-year universities.
- This COVID-19 Crisis Communications Triage Kit includes tips for leaders in education and other sectors.
- To help you connect with other CTE administrators considering these issues, ACTE has an active Administration Division.