Louisiana Association for Career and Technical Education
Welcome to the LA ACTE website
LA ACTE is an organization of career & technical educational professionals working together to create and deliver high-qualty instruction and programming for the students to meet the needs of global-oriented careers. Contact us for any information, concerns, or ideas that are important to you.
Please plan on joining us for our next regular membership meeting on Thursday, February 22, 2024 3:00 – 4:00 PM.
We are proud to announce that the membership elected Tony McCardle, CTE Director Calcasieu Parish School Board as the President of LA ACTE and Bryan (BJ) Bertucci, CTE Coordinator Louisiana Community, Technical College System as the President-elect.
Thank you for your support of high-quality CTE throughout Louisiana and we encourage you to join and participate in our organization.
The mission of the Louisiana Association for Career and Technical Education (LACTE) is to provide educational leadership to secondary and postsecondary educators in developing a competitive workforce through:
- Leadership and Program Improvement to foster excellence in career and technical education
- Knowledge Connectivity to act as clearinghouse for education and information relating to all aspects of career and technical education
- Awareness to create public awareness of career and technical education
- Professional Development to provide an access for professional development
ACTE is the largest national education association of thriving professionals dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. Our members represent all facets of career and technical education (CTE). Join online.
LA ACTE Career and Technical Student Organizations
Louisiana ACTE is associated with the following Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs):
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Business Professionals of America
- HOSA-Future Health Professionals
- Louisiana HOSA
- The National FFA Organization
- The Louisiana FFA Association
- Louisiana Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Louisiana Technology Students of America
- DECA & Collegiate DECA
- Louisiana DECA
LA ACTE Divisions
The 11 affiliated divisions in Louisiana ACTE are:
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education
- Counseling and Career Development Division
- Engineering and Technology Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Health Science Education
- New and Related Services
- Postsecondary, Adult and Career Education
- Trade and Industrial Education
- Work-Based Learning