About Region I
ACTE promotes high quality CTE programs for diverse audiences. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diversity of the CTE community. We are committed to equity, access, inclusion, and diversity throughout our organization.
Call for Proposals
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2021 Region I High-quality CTE Programming Conference. This special event, co-hosted by ACTE Region I and the Association for Career and Technical Education® (ACTE®), will focus on the professional development of career and technical education professionals, including instructors, administrators and career guidance and school counselors from both secondary and postsecondary CTE programs and institutions. The conference will be held April 21-22, 2021 virtually. Workshop sessions will be scheduled on Thursday, April 22, 2021. The deadline to submit a proposal is 5:00 p.m. EDT, Sunday, February 7, 2021.
Congratulations to the Region I Member Award Winners
Meet Your 2020 Region I Award Winners!
- Teacher of the Year: Kristina Guttadora, NJ
- Career Guidance Award: Rosalie Sauter, NY
- Administrator of the Year: Nicole Zergebel, NY
- Postsecondary Teacher of the Year: Terry Morse,
- New Teacher of the Year:Jennifer Probst, NY
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Constance Spohn, NY
Meet the Best in CTE Award Winners!
- Scott Westbrook III Humanitarian Award: Paula Boughton, NY
- Jim Hanneman Memorial Award: Crystal Smith, DC
- Innovative Career and Technical Education Program: Avalon and Tahoe Manufacturing, MI
- Outstanding School Board Member: Suzie Lawson, OH
- Advisory Committee Member of the Year: Jill Kruyer, MI
Events & Programs
Region I Conference Locations and Dates:
- Grand Rapids, MI, April 21-23, 2021