About Region I
ACTE promotes high quality CTE programs for diverse audiences. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diversity of the CTE community. We are committed to equity, access, inclusion, and diversity throughout our organization.
2021 Region I Conference
The ACTE Region 1 Conference will offer content targeting the ACTE CTE High Quality Framework for strengthening the skills of CTE professionals in both secondary and postsecondary programs. Sessions topics will include: Engaging Instruction, Work Based Learning, Access and Equity, Prepared and Effective Programming Staff, and Student Assessment. The conference will include a special awards presentation for the Region 1’s Best in Region 1 Awards and ACTE Excellence Awards. Participants will also be able to engage with a variety of CTE vendors!
Congratulations to the Region I Member Award Winners
Meet Your 2021 Region I Award Winners!
- Teacher of the Year: Kristina Guttadora, NJ
- Career Guidance Award: Rosalie Sauter, NY
- Administrator of the Year: Nicole Zergebel, NY
- Postsecondary Teacher of the Year: Terry Morse, MI
- New Teacher of the Year:Jennifer Probst, NY
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Constance Spohn, NY
Meet the Best in CTE Award Winners!
- Scott Westbrook III Humanitarian Award: Paula Boughton, NY
- Jim Hanneman Memorial Award: Crystal Smith, DC
- Innovative Career and Technical Education Program: Avalon and Tahoe Manufacturing, MI
- Outstanding School Board Member: Suzie Lawson, OH
- Advisory Committee Member of the Year: Jill Kruyer, MI
Events & Programs