The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) has developed a podcast series dedicated to middle school career exploration. Over five episodes we will hear from a variety of practitioners diligently working in this space of middle school career exploration, as they share their thoughts and ideas on why and how exploring careers in middle school is important to the development of adolescents.
- Ep. 1 — Preparing Middle School Students for High School Choices
ACTE has developed a new podcast series dedicated to middle school career exploration. Hear Nasheba Pritchett, school counselor at Goodlettsville Middle School, in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, discuss “Preparing Middle School Students for High School Choices” in the first of five episodes. Listen on PodBean.
- Ep. 2 — CTE in Comprehensive High Schools
In the second and latest episode of ACTE’s Career Exploration in Middle School podcast series, Doug Cullen, Manager of Career Services at Pinkerton Academy in Derry, New Hampshire discusses what it means to manage career and technical education at a comprehensive high school in middle school and beyond. Listen on PodBean.
- Middle School Podcast Episode #3 available January 22.
- Middle School Podcast Episode #4 available February 19.
- Middle School Podcast Episode #5 available March 19.
- Middle School/Career Development Series #1 available February 12.
- Middle School/Career Development Series #2 available March 5.
- Middle School/Career Development Series #3 available May 21.