Region I Past Conferences
ACTE’s Region I and Pennsylvania Leadership Conference 2023
Bucks County Community College
Opening Keynote Speaker
Rachael Mann is passionate about all things related to education, technology, and CTE. She is an “edufuturist” who believes in the importance of shaping the educational philosophies and spaces of today by looking toward the innovations of tomorrow. Rachael is a frequent keynote speaker at conferences and events across the country, and she speaks and writes about disruptive technology, education and careers. She is the author of The CTSO Competition Companion, The Spaces You Will Go, and coauthor of Martians in Your Classroom, an educational title about integrating STEM into the classroom utilizing space-related initiatives.
Rachael holds an MA in educational leadership and has 14 years of classroom teaching experience as a career and technical education instructor. Rachael’s experience includes her work as the Network to Transform Teaching State Director, the Professional Learning Director of STEM, and the Arizona State Director for Educators Rising. She is a founding member of the Council on the Future of Education, the director of member engagement for NCLA, and vice-president of New and Related Services for ACTE.
From professional growth to motivational talks to workshops, Rachael loves to inspire audiences to think bigger and dream beyond.
Powerful Communication Connectors
Through technology and electronic devices, we are more connected to the world than ever before. Yet, in the ways that matter we are alarmingly more disconnected. Why is that and how can we still connect with students, parents, administrators, and other education professionals? In this humorous, insightful, entertaining presentation Terry Sumerlin gently kicks us on the shin and reminds us of things that perhaps we already knew but have forgotten or neglected. Through masterful storytelling he reminds us of the importance of communicating credibility, people focus, respect and clarity. He provides lots of practical takeaway that can be immediately applied.
2021 Region I Conference
May 4-6, 2022
Grand Rapids Michigan
Conference location – Grand Valley State University, L.V. Eberhard Center
The ACTE Region I Conference provides secondary and postsecondary career and technical educators a relevant and exciting professional and leadership development opportunity. Watch for additional information.
2021 Region I Conference
View the 2021 Region I Virtual Conference Gallery from April 21-23
2018 Region I Conference
- Access and Equity in CTE, Traci Chappelear
- ACTE and National Board Lesson Sharing & Development, Kimberly Bertocci
- Addressing Equity through Recruitment & Retention, Jennifer Cusmano
- Army Marketing Research Group Overview Brief, SGM Luke Legg
- Creating Effective Education & Industry Pathways, Stephen Healy
- CTE Program Spending, Dan Murphy
- CTE Programs of Study, Robin Utz
- Empowering Students to a Better Future through Certification, Nic Hestand
- Equity Exploration, David Thomas
- Find Your Passion, Kimberly Paradise
- Measuring and Reporting Student Employability Skill Attainment, Mike Hart
- National and Regional Resources for Recruiting, Preparing and Supporting FCS Educators
- Student Work Experience Opportunities for CTE Pathways, Donna Diller
- The CASE of Career Pathways, Sara Case
- The Current Early College Landscape at CBCC, Emilie Cherry
- The “Inside Baseball” View of Credentialing, John Foster
- The New Smart -What Educators and Parents Need To Know, Steven Coyle
- The Summit: A New Level of CTE Advisory Committee, Scott Rogers
2016 Region I Conference Handouts
- Keynote Presentation by Coach Jim Place
- Working Together for Student Achievement
- Experiential Learning: Innovative Ideas and Environments
- Instructional Coaching Bridging the Gap between Industry and Teaching
- Answering Workforce Needs through Innovative Educational Partnerships
- Parent Partnerships Matter!
- Assessment Data: Do I have to be an Expert?
- Leaders Building Leaders: Leadership Development and the U.S. Army
- Great Oaks Accreditation, Credentialing, and Employment (ACE) Resource Center
- Disrupting Admissions: Increasing Enrollment, Raising Brand Awareness & Taking Names
- Connections and Integrations for CTE Programs