High-quality CTE Resources
ACTE has produced a number of resources to help CTE practitioners better understand and use the ACTE Quality CTE Program of Study FrameworkTM. In addition to the following ACTE-produced resources, visit the High-quality CTE Library for reports, research studies, toolkits, guides, frameworks, webinars, online courses and more from many other respected sources. For questions, please contact ACTE Research Director Catherine Imperatore.
Click on the + next to each category below to explore online courses, publications and webinars about high-quality CTE.
High-quality CTE Online Courses
CTE Learn is ACTE’s online learning platform, offering continuing education credit courses and free resources for secondary and postsecondary CTE professionals. The High-quality CTE Course Series on CTE Learn discusses the framework criteria and provides practical strategies in applying the criteria. Each course focuses on a specific element of the framework and includes success stories and curated resources to help CTE practitioners enhance the quality of their CTE programs.
High-quality CTE Publications
The following publications describe the ACTE Quality CTE Program of Study FrameworkTM and explore ways to use the framework for program evaluation and improvement activities like the comprehensive local needs assessment.
- ACTE Quality CTE Program of Study Framework Self-evaluation: A Tool for the Perkins V Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (November 2021)
- High-quality CTE: Planning for a Covid-19-Impacted School Year (June 2020)
- Defining Quality: Student Career Development (June 2019, generously sponsored by Xello)
- Defining Quality: Business and Community Partnerships (March 2019)
High-quality CTE Webinars
These webinars, hosted by CTE practitioners from around the nation, dig into each element of high-quality CTE.
- High-Quality CTE: Planning for a Covid-19-Impacted School Year webinar series (June 2020)
- Standards-aligned and Integrated Curriculum (October 2019)
- Sequencing and Articulation (October 2019)
- Student Assessment (October 2019)
- Prepared and Effective Program Staff (September 2019)
- Engaging Instruction (September 2019)
- Facilities, Equipment, Technology and Materials (November 2019)
- Business and Community Partnerships (March 2019)
- Student Career Development (May 2019, generously sponsored by Xello)
- Career and Technical Student Organizations (April 2019)
- Data and Program Improvement (April 2020)