Note: The documents are in MS Word, Excel and PDF format. To download, right click on the link and choose the “Save As…” option.
State leaders: We are still migrating documents for this page; if you are unable to download the material you need, please contact Lauren Lessels.
New Leader Assistance
Are you a new state president or executive director? Don’t know where to start? The resources below are for you!? These resources will help orient you to ACTE and state association leadership:
- New Leader Resource Packet: This packet summarizes the resources ACTE provides you as a state leader.
- State Association How-to Guide: Great for newcomers and veterans, this guide provides practical how-to steps on various aspects of association management, including finances, legal and tax issues, conference planning, board meetings and more!
- ACTE Online Responsibilities and Obligations
- ACTE Leadership Training Program
- State Peer Mentoring & Networking Resources
- US Army Leadership Webinars: ACTE has partnered with the US Army to host a series of webinars on leadership. For more information on ACTE’s other webinars, click here.
Additional Resources for All State Leaders
State Division Affiliate Resources
ACTE has compiled a listing of most often requested materials for our state division affiliates:
990 Material List
ACTE Financial Literacy
Audit Material List
Course 1 Tax Exempt Status
Course 2 Unrelated Business Income
Course 3 Employment Issues
Course 4 Form 990
Information 1 Preventing Fraud
Information 2 Payroll Tax
Information 3 Independent Audit
Information 4 Don’t Cut Financial Corners
Information 5 An Insurance Review
Information 6 Financial Blueprint
Information 7 Automatic Revocation of Tax Exempt Status
Tax Exempt Organization Materials 2015
State Association How-to Guide:Great for newcomers and veterans, this guide provides practical how-to steps on various aspects of association management, including finances, legal and tax issues, conference planning, board meetings and more!
State Leadership Training Program: Learn more about association management from ACTE experts!www.acteonline.org/leadership_training