Meet Tachaka Hollins, PLSP-ECMC Foundation fellow
Meet Tachaka Hollins, assistant vice chancellor for academic affairs at the Tennessee Board of Regents. The Techniques interview with Hollins appears as part of a new spotlight series on fellows in the Postsecondary Leadership Success Program at ACTE – Sponsored by ECMC Foundation.
What leadership skills do you hope to develop as part of the Postsecondary Leadership Success Program at ACTE – Sponsored by ECMC Foundation?
I hope to gain from this program an increased focus and concerted efforts to accelerate my self-development, career progression and overall confidence.
In what ways have you innovated to engage students & inspire colleagues in career and technical (CTE) through the COVID-19 pandemic?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I’ve been intentional in tracking, monitoring and researching federal CTE legislation that impacts the access, retention and success of CTE students.
Our education systems face many challenges in 2021. Please discuss the steps CTE can take to improve equitable access to high-quality CTE programs of study.
Information procured from high-quality data allows institutions to develop interventions that ensure equitable student success. There are critical next steps CTE can take to improve equitable access to high-quality CTE programs of study. Implement a data-informed campus and maintain a culture of inquiry and evidence through data literacy.
Learn more about the Postsecondary Leadership Success Program at ACTE – Sponsored by ECMC Foundation.
Please also meet:
- Tiffanie Rosier, STEM education coordinator at Northern Virginia Community College
- Tracey D. Cooper, executive director of nursing at Temple College
- Bernie Phelps, director of Perkins, Perkins Rural Reserve and dual enrollment at Montana Tech, Highlands College
- Vickie Thomas, director of the Center for Workforce and Community Development at Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell
- Moira Lafayette, dean of health sciences and public safety at Blackhawk Technical College
- Brad Kinsinger, director of the Global Agriculture Learning Center at Hawkeye Community College
- Eric Sewell, director of technical education at Southern Union State Community College
- C.J. Wurster, district director at Maricopa County Community College District
- Katie Vincent, director of workforce partnerships at Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Xue Xing, assistant professor of teaching and learning at University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Aleksander Marthinussen, program manager with NOVA SySTEMic at Northern Virginia Community College
- Martha Payan-Hernandez, director of CTE at Fullerton College
- Dan Adams, former CTE administrator and current stay-at-home dad
- Ashlee Spannagel, dean of CTE and workforce development at Southeastern Community College
- Darlene O’Rourke, Perkins grant director and officer at Queensborough Community College
- Shelsi Barber-Carter, CTE coordinator at Baton Rouge Community College