Articles are accepted for publication on a revolving basis throughout the year.
- Interested parties should submit a brief proposal. Please include subject matter, intent and value the article would present Techniques’ readership. Please also indicate if you have a preference for print or digital publication.Keep the tone conversational, but informative. Articles accepted for publication should answer who, what, where and when, and also why and how. Why is your topic important? How can the CTE community at large apply your ideas and success in their own schools and organizations?
- All articles submitted to Techniques must be original and never published anywhere else. (Note: Even self-plagiarism is plagiarism unless proper attribution is given.). If it is determined that any or all text has been plagiarized, we reserve the right to outright reject the article for publication OR might ask the author for revisions.
- Articles written for print publication range 1000–2500 words.
- Articles written for digital publication range 400–1000 words.
- All articles must be submitted in Microsoft Word or Google Docs file formats.
- Article copy should be formatted using Associated Press (AP) style guidelines.
- The source of any facts or statistics used MUST be cited using APA style. Consider the resources available from Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab for guidance regarding citation format.
- Please provide a short (2–3 sentence) bio, including an email address.
- Accompanying photographs and charts are accepted and encouraged! For print, these must be delivered in the highest quality possible, under separate cover and not embedded in the article document. Digital image standards are less stringent. On either platform, photographs must include captions and proper attribution. Graphs, charts and tables must include legend, title and attribution as applicable.
Thank you for your interest in writing for Techniques. With comments or questions regarding the article proposal and submission process, please contact Lia Milgram, managing editor.