Guam Association for Career and Technical Education
Welcome to the Guam ACTE, committed to providing professional development, leadership, and legislative advocacy in CTE to the highest degree.
We are proud to serve:
- American Samoa
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Republic of Palau
A group of local, dedicated CTE professionals helped form the Guam ACTE in 2015 as an affiliated chapter of the national ACTE with a focus to raise awareness, promote advocacy, foster local research agenda, provide technical assistance, engage in networking activities and assist in policy development, and be a resource clearinghouse. All directors, officers and members are committed to high professional standards among membership; to promote regional concept through cooperation among regional island nations and affiliates; to provide a direct vehicle for input into the national ACTE; and to engage in all things necessary or proper in connection with or incidental to the foregoing purpose.
ACTE is the nation’s largest not-for-profit association committed to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. ACTE represents the community of CTE professionals, including educators, administrators, researchers, school counselors, counseling and career development professionals and others at all levels of education. ACTE is committed to excellence in providing advocacy, public awareness and access to resources, professional development and leadership opportunities.
We encourage you to join ACTE at the state and national level – the cost to join both organizations is $85 ($25 for Guam ACTE and $60 for national ACTE). If you have any questions regarding membership, please call 703-683-3111.
Region V Vice President
Hagatna, Guam USA 96910
Description of our Programs and Services
- Implement the strategic plan and program activities, to include but not limited to:
- Raise awareness
- Promote advocacy
- Promote local research agenda
- Technical assistance
- Networking activities
- Policy Development
- Resource Clearinghouse
- Develop high professional standards among membership (professional development)
- Promote regional concept through cooperation among regional island nations and affiliates (engagement in research)
- Provide affiliated associations a direct vehicle for input into the ACTE Board.