2021 Region V Conference: Pioneers of Change
April 15-17 for 2021
Nevada ACTE is excited to host the 2021 ACTE Region V Leadership Conference in the virtual world from April 15th – April 17th. Early registration at $199 for members ends on April 1st. Advanced registration runs from April 2, 2021, to April 14th, 2021, for $299 for members. Attendees can register here.
We have some exciting speakers lined up including Ken Sheldon and Gerry Brooks! There will also be a separate student conference on Saturday, April 17. Please encourage your students to attend and learn about leadership and other fun topics.
We are excited to “see” everyone online and catch up. As always if you have any questions or concerns you can contact Jennifer Fisk at email@example.com.
Registration Due Dates:
Early Registration – April 1
Advance Registration – April 14
Call for Proposals
Are you interested in presenting at the 2021 ACTE Region V Conference? The Region V — Pioneers of Change event, co-hosted by Nevada ACTE and the ACTE Region V Policy Committee, will focus on the professional development of career and technical education (CTE) professionals, including instructors, administrators, and career guidance and school counselors from both secondary and postsecondary CTE programs and institutions. The conference will be held April 15-17, online using the Attendify platform. All concurrent sessions are 50 minutes. Please do not submit a proposal unless you can present at any time during the day on Friday, April 16, or Saturday, April 17. The Region V Conference Planning Team reserves the right to edit presentation titles and descriptions for length and content. Accepted speakers are responsible for registration for the online conference. Priority will be given to presenters who are ACTE members.
A conference planning committee has identified priority content areas for strengthening the skills of CTE professionals in both secondary and postsecondary programs.
Each submission must indicate which thematic area the proposed presentation addresses.
- Best Practices and Innovation in CTE
- Classroom Delivery
- Creating Partnerships: Secondary, Post-secondary, and Business
- Leadership and Advocacy
- Work-based Learning and Apprenticeships
- Student presentation (Saturday only)
This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your programs and to share your expertise with colleagues.
The dates below provide information for deadlines and submissions. Please consider these dates as you prepare your submission in response to this Call for Presentations.
Jan. 15: Deadline for submission of a response to this Call for Presentations
Feb. 1: Email notification of acceptance
April 1: Early registration deadline (presenters are required to register for the conference)
April 10: Electronic submission of conference documents
2019 ACTE Region V Conference
Best Western Plus Grantree
- #Teachlike TED in CTE – Rachael Mann
- A Crucial Mission for CTE: Developing a Growth Mindset – Curt Bertlesen
- College & Career Readiness for ALL High School Students – Chere’ Hobbs & Cindy Jones
- Creating Your Leadership Brand – Rachael Mann
- Engaging Your Students Using Business Simulations in the Classroom – Bruce Wilder
- Internships: Learning in the Real World of Work – Sara Leonard
- Make Work Based Learning Work – Melanie Alexander
- No Shoes, No Shirt . . . No Dice??? – Eric Swenson
- Putting WBL in Your PBL – Lacey Boatman
- Sketchnoting 101 – Jenn Fisk
- Staying Ahead of the Curve – Curt Bertlesen
- Stop the Boredom! A Better Way to Teach Financial Literacy – Brian Bean
- S.O.S. (Strengthening Our Skills) – Tracy Kern
- Work–Based Learning: Principles and Practices – Jan Clinard & Chris Olxzewski
- Write Your Own Job Description – Coleen Keffeler & Region V Fellows
2018 ACTE Region V Conference
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Colorado Springs, CO
View the Schedule at-a-Glance
2017 ACTE Region V Conference
April 6-8, 2017
Rapid City, SD
Transforming a Community– The Academies at Sunnyside
How to Dress for Success: Branding Yourself
Creating Student Engagement Through Experiential Learning Tools
“Plan 2 Plus You” Boot Camp
Click here for more presentations.
2016 ACTE Region V Conference
April 20-23, 2016
San Diego, CA
2015 ACTE Region V Conference
Marriott Kansas City Overland Park
10800 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66210
2014 ACTE Region V Conference
April 23-26, 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota