California Association for Career and Technical Education
What is ACTE?
ACTE is the largest national education association serving thousands of professionals dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. ACTE can help you grow as a CTE professional in California via National ACTE, your professional development and advocacy association for CTE. Our members represent all facets of career and technical education (CTE) and include:
Individual membership is $109* and includes access to ACTE national benefits.
*Division dues may vary
Visit ACTE or call 1-800-826-9972 to join!
CTE in sunny California – Read the California fact sheet
California ACTE Award Winners
- Teacher of the Year : Tisha McParland
- Administrator of the Year: Jewyl Alderson Clarke
- Teacher of the Year: Peter Wachtel
- Teacher of the Year: Alan Gersten, Century High School (Business)
- Administrator of the Year: Dana Lynch, North Orange County ROP
- Administrator of the Year: Alecia Myers-Kelley, Metropolitan Education District
- Administrator of the Year: Betsy McKinstry, Antelope Valley Union High School District
- Post-Secondary Teacher of the Year: Jo Wu, Fullerton College (Biotechnology) (also Region V Post-Secondary Teacher of the Year)
- Administrator of the Year: Jacki Sprague, Mission Valley ROP
- Teacher of the Year: Jeff Farr, Foothill High School (Engineering)
- Administrator of the Year: Jillian Johnson-Sharp, Orange County Department of Education (also Region V Administrator of the Year)
- Teacher of the Year: Larry Koch, Fallbrook High School (Culinary Arts)
- Administrator of the Year: Diane Walker, Antelope Valley Union High School District
- Teacher of the Year: Ed Hernandez, Tustin High School (Engineering)
- Administrator of the Year: Susie Johnson, San Diego Office of Education
- Teacher of the Year: Robin Olsen, Littlerock High School (Agriculture)
- Region V Hall of Fame: Ross Arnold, Los Angeles County Office of Education
California CTE Learn offers over 160 self-paced online courses for CTE professionals. Whether you are looking for engaging professional development or a more convenient way to obtain continuing education credits and advance your career, our online courses are designed for you. California CTE Learn offers an array of topics that focus on effective and proven teaching and leading strategies. Our credit courses have been designed to support CTE institutions with a comprehensive, virtual professional development program.
Membership has its rewards
|Get access to high quality professional development to enrich your curriculum and advance your career. Join 4,000+ CTE professionals for ACTE’s CareerTech VISION.|
|Influence CTE-related legislation and funding, drive economic development, and voice your policy priorities at local, state and national levels.|
|Whether it’s online or in person, cultivate a knowledgeable network for sharing and exchanging ideas.|
News and Updates
|Receive a subscription to Techniques magazine and ACTE News, Legislative Alerts, Career Tech Update, STEM SmartBrief and more.|
|Achieve national recognition through state, regional, and national ACTE awards programs honoring the most distinguished CTE educators and programs. We are currently accepting award nominations via the ACTE Awards Portal. To submit your nomination, please complete the online application form by our December 1 deadline.|
Peace of Mind
|Group life and AD&D insurance and professional liability coverage.|
|Member-exclusive discounts for ACTE events and countless CTE products.|
|Check out ACTE’s online Job Bank to help you find new and exciting work.|
Learn more about the comprehensive benefits of membership!
State Specific Scholarships
Edison International Lineworker Scholarship Program
Edison International and Southern California Edison believe a diverse applicant pool and workforce that reflect the communities and the companies we serve make for better business. With that in mind, they issued a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Report in August 2020 committing to a multipronged diversity initiative that included funding a lineworker scholarship program. As part of this commitment, Edison International developed a four-year, $1-million pilot scholarship program to provide scholarships and additional support totaling up to $25,000 per recipient. In 2021, the purpose of this scholarship program is to increase Black representation in the lineworker role.
Applications are due May 5, 2023 1:00 p.m. PT.
Apply here: www.edison.com/EIXLineworkerScholarship
Featured Online Seminar
From Company to Classroom: Engaging STEM Professional Talent
STEM industry professionals, both US and foreign-born, represent a largely overlooked and untapped source of teachers, ones who are especially suited to teach CTE courses and thereby address the teacher shortage. EnCorps, the only organization in the US that specializes in helping STEM professionals make career changes into teaching in high needs schools, shares details and successes of its work in California.