NextLevel Postsecondary CTE Fellowship
Hear what past fellows say about the program!
Build your leadership abilities through this nationally-recognized program that is engaging, individualized, and memorable. Work alongside a cohort of peer professionals and an experienced mentor in a year-long professional development experience. Elevate your interpersonal skills and capacity to communicate, collaborate, network, problem solve and use time and resources effectively. Identify a professional objective to address in your institution and, as a capstone project, carry it out to realize a lasting impact.
This program is intended to develop the organizational leadership and management skills of postsecondary CTE professionals, with an emphasis on addressing the needs of underserved populations.
Applications for the sixth cohort will open in the summer of 2023.
If you have any questions as you fill out this application, please contact Lauren Fillebrown, ACTE Senior Manager of Leadership Development
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should consider applying for the NextLevel fellowship?
- CTE Professionals working with adult students and/or adult postsecondary programs
- CTE Professionals who have two or more years’ experience in leadership and/or administration in a community college, career center, or university offering certificate or associate degree programs, or CTE-related organization with regular contact with postsecondary students.
- CTE Professionals who have an interest in addressing the needs of underserved populations and creating change at their institution
This program is not for CTE professionals working in a secondary education institution, who work primarily with secondary students (including dual/concurrent enrollment programs), or Instructors without leadership or administration responsibilities in postsecondary CTE.
If accepted, what is expected of the fellows?
- Actively participate in monthly webinars with cohort and guest speakers
- Create a “Make It Better” Plan (institutional area of change)
- Submit all Program of Work activities by deadlines through Google Classroom
- Participate in follow-up surveys and focus groups during and after fellowship year
- Attend ACTE’s National Policy Seminar 2023 in Arlington, Virginia on March 20-22
- Attend Postsecondary School Study Visit in 2023 year – TBD
- Attend ECMC Foundation’s Convening in 2023 year – TBD
- Attend ACTE’s CareerTech VISION 2023 in Phoenix, Arizona on November 29 – December 2, 2023
What are the program benefits?
- A small stipend to help offset expenses for participation at conferences
- Free registration for two conferences (NPS, CareerTech VISION)
- Airfare and lodging covered for 3-4 conferences (NPS, School Study Visit, ECMCF Convening, and CareerTech VISION)
- Accreditation for program participation