Awards and Scholarships
A TIVA round-up of awards and scholarship resources including applications, deadlines, and contact information.
Iota Lambda Sigma (ILS) Student Writing Contest
Sigma Chapter of the national Iota Lambda Sigma society sponsors an essay contest to encourage academic achievement. Students entering this contest are required to use their academic writing skills as they compete.
The following is the topic that was chosen this year: “How does the SkillsUSA theme, SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, address the SkillsUSA national program of work in the area of professional development.”
TIVA CTE Best of Texas
To recognize senior career and technical education students (CTE) who are doing an outstanding job worthy of recognition. It is essential to provide a tangible incentive for people to excel and for others to strive to reach the point of recognition.
Please use this link to download, follow instructions, and fill out the application: TIVA Best of Texas Application 2019-20-Students only
Texas TIVA ACTE Awards Nomination Form
- Click here to open and/or download the Word format form to your computer.
- Click here to open and/or download the PDF format form.
- Download form to your system, read instructions carefully, fill out, save, and return with your support materials to TIVA.
NOTICE ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY December 1, 2020
$500 Scholarship For Students Enrolled in a Transportation Cluster Course in Texas!
- Scholarship is open to any student enrolled in a Transportation Cluster program.
- Students must carry an 85 average in their transportation cluster class.
- Must have completed the second year of at least a two year program.
- Must be pursuing a career in a transportation cluster related field.
- Resume should include accomplishments in their transportation cluster class.
- Instructor must be a T.A.I.A.member in good standing.