New Mexico Association for Career and Technical Education
Welcome to the New Mexico ACTE page. ACTE’s mission is to promote and support quality career and technical education for everyone through leadership, advocacy, communication, professional development and partnership. Learn more about CTE in the Land of Enchantment.
NMACTE is excited to bring professionals from across the state together to discuss what is important to you! Meet others from around NM in your same division to share ideas, and learn the latest in CTE news with updates & highlights!
WHAT IS CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION?
Career and technical education is about helping students, workers and lifelong learners of all ages fulfill their working potential. First and foremost it’s about high school and college education that provides students with:
- Academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world, often called contextual learning.
- Employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace ethics.
- Education pathways that help students explore interests and careers in the process of progressing through school.
But career and technical education is also about:
- Second-chance education and training for the unemployed and those seeking to upgrade their employability skills.
- Education to earn additional degrees, especially when related to career advancement.
- Corporate training, continuing education, skills upgrades and refresher courses for those already in the workplace.
What is ACTE ?
ACTE is the largest national education association serving thousands of professionals dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. Our members represent all facets of career and technical education (CTE) and include:
- Secondary and middle school CTE teachers and administrators
- Postsecondary CTE instructors, faculty, administrators and deans
- Guidance counselors
- Students studying to become CTE educators
- Federal and state government education professionals
- Nonprofit organizations active in the advancement of CTE
- Corporations working with CTE programs and educators on workplace skills
Membership has its rewards! Learn more about the comprehensive benefits of membership.
|Get access to high quality professional development to enrich your curriculum and advance your career. Join 3,500+ CTE professionals for ACTE’s CareerTech VISION.
|Influence CTE-related legislation and funding, drive economic development, and voice your policy priorities at local, state and national levels.
|Whether it’s online or in person, cultivate a knowledgeable network for sharing and exchanging ideas.
News and Updates
|Receive a subscription to Techniques magazine and ACTE News, Legislative Alerts, Career Tech Update, STEM SmartBrief and more.
|Achieve national recognition through state, regional, and national ACTE awards programs honoring the most distinguished CTE educators and programs.
Peace of Mind
|Group life and AD&D insurance and professional liability coverage.
|Member-exclusive discounts for ACTE events and countless CTE products.
|Check out ACTE’s online Job Bank to help you find new and exciting work.