Requirements to earn a CTE Month Video PSA Contest Badge
(Jointly Created by ACTE and NOCTI)
Principal Requirement: Individuals must create a video that
provides information about the value of Career and Technical Education (CTE)
and urges viewers to visit ACTE’s CTE Month webpage at www.ctemonth.org to learn more. The ACTE Board of
Directors will select the contest winners. These winners will be eligible to earn the
CTE Month Video PSA Contest badge.
- Video entries must be 29 seconds in length.
- Entries must incorporate the CTE Month logo and tagline into the PSA video. (Logo and tagline change each year. Please check www.ctemonth.org for the current year’s logo and tagline.)
- Entries must incorporate the following message, presented as text on-screen and/or spoken by talent: “Learn more about career and technical education at www.ctemonth.org, and must display the CTE Month web address on screen: www.ctemonth.org.
- Entries may NOT say “learn more about ACTE” or reference the Association for Career and Technical Education by name in the PSA. The videos are not intended to be an advertisement for ACTE, but a PSA for career and technical education.
- Entries must not use other logos or web addresses in PSAs.
- Entries that contain music, images, or other copyrighted media must be accompanied by proof that the creators of the entry have the expressed permission of the original copyright holder.
- PSA submissions must be completed and submitted by ACTE’s PSA contest deadlines.
- Sound cannot be over 0 dBFS.
- Videos must be submitted in .mp4 or .mov format.
- Videos must be in 16:9 aspect ratio.
- PSAs can be submitted in standard or high definition.
- In addition to the 29 seconds of video content, the beginning of the video must include 5 seconds of black, bars and tones, and slates with the title, the names of the video creators, the name of the school and the year. Any individual slate can contain several categories of the information requested.
- PSAs are to be submitted via Dropbox.com. Participants should create a Dropbox account free of charge, upload their submission, and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must submit a talent release form from each participant whose image and/or voice is used in the PSA. Students under 18 must have a parent’s or guardian’s signature on the form.