Leadership Development Task Force
The mission of the Leadership Development Task Force is to foster programs to develop a diversified cadre of volunteer leaders aligned with the brand and strategic direction of ACTE.
- To identify programs and activities that will identify, train and motivate leaders at the national and state levels.
- To identify a framework for increasing the number and variety of leadership opportunities for members.
- To identify ways to increase the relevancy and attractiveness of leadership service to younger members.
- To recommend avenues to promote the value of leadership in ACTE at the national and state levels.
- To identify ways to recognize leaders at the national and state levels.
The task force will consist of not less than eight and not more than 12 members. Criteria for membership include experience as a leader on the ACTE national or state level, experience teaching leadership development or experience in association management. Members must have the ability and time to actively engage in the work of the Task Force.
The Leadership Development Task Force is charged with reporting to the ACTE Board of Directors at the December 2010 meeting a draft of its recommendations.
ACTE Leadership Training Program
Current Leadership Development Task Force Representatives
The committee is charged with reviewing and editing any resolutions submitted by members, state associations or affiliated organizations. In fulfilling this charge, the committee is expected to communicate with the membership, Divisions and Regions as to the purpose of resolutions and the appropriate procedures for submitting resolutions
ACTE National Leadership Fellowship Program
The ACTE National Leadership Fellowship Program began in 2009 as an
Opportunity Fund project initiated by the ACTE Board of Directors. As of
2011, three classes of Fellows have completed the program. In summary, the ACTE Fellowship Program is an instrument to provide professional development, policy knowledge and leadership development.
ACTE Region V Conference
ACTE Region IV Conference 2017
View All Events