Board of Directors Position Statements
The ACTE Board of Directors began posting its position
statements in 2013.
State Course Requirements and Graduation Policies Position Statement
- All students must have access to high-quality CTE options in secondary schools and postsecondary institutions.
- CTE options play a vital role in engaging and inspiring students' application of academics and development of employability and technical skills, which are valued by employers and critical for pursuit of long-term, sustainable, individual career paths.
- Each student's chosen career path should be the basis for determining the specific course requirements and other educational options needed for graduation.
- Strong academic and career advisement is necessary to help students navigate the choices most suitable for their particular career path.
- States and localities are best suited to determine the appropriate mix of academic, CTE and other courses required for a student's career path.
- Any recognition of CTE in diploma options must be presented as an added value.
Who We Are
The Association for Career
and Technical Education is the nation’s largest not-for-profit
education association dedicated to the advancement of education that
prepares youth and adults for successful careers. Founded in 1926, ACTE
has more than 25,000 members; career and technical educators,
administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others involved in
planning and conducting career and technical education programs at the
secondary, postsecondary and adult levels. ACTE provides advocacy,
public awareness and access to information on career and technical
education, professional development and tools that enable members to be
successful and effective leaders.
What We Do
ACTE is committed to enhancing the job performance and satisfaction of
its members; to increasing public awareness and appreciation for career
and technical programs; and to assuring growth in local, state and
federal funding for these programs by communicating and working with
legislators and government leaders.
2014 ACTE Region V Conference
USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo
View All Events