High-quality CTE Tools
To bring clarity to the burgeoning conversation around high-quality CTE and help CTE educators and administrators develop and improve the quality of their CTE programs of study, ACTE has created an evidence-based framework defining high-quality CTE across 12 elements:
- Quality CTE Program of Study Framework (2018 version)
- Self-evaluation Instrument (print)
- Self-evaluation Instrument (online)
High-quality CTE Tools Library
The following online library is one of the resources that ACTE has developed to recognize and disseminate high-quality CTE practices. Follow the links below for strategies, case studies, professional development models and toolkits to help practitioners develop and support success within each element. Additionally, ACTE is incorporating the quality framework into its efforts to recognize and disseminate CTE best practices through the ACTE awards program and CareerTech VISION programming.
12 Elements of a High-quality CTE Program of Study
High-quality CTE Publications
- Defining Quality: Business and Community Partnerships (March 2019)
- Defining Quality: Student Career Development (June 2019), generously sponsored by Xello
High-quality CTE Micro Webinars
- High Quality CTE Programs of Study — Business and Community Partnerships
Join Donna Gilley, director of career and technical education in Nashville, Tennessee, as she discusses business and community partnership structures, how to ensure CTE programs align with the workforce and different ways businesses and communities can partner with CTE programs. Watch online seminar.
- High-Quality CTE Programs of Study — Career and Technical Student Organizations
Join Deonna Anderson, an engineering teacher at Franklin Technology Center in Joplin, Missouri, as she discusses the value of career and technical student organizations (CTSOs) in every CTE program. Watch online seminar
- High-Quality CTE Programs of Study — Student Career Development
Career development for all students must connect student personal goals to learning in all courses and experiences outside the classroom. Join Robin Kroyer-Kubicek, Career Pathways Education Consultant in Wisconsin, as she discusses student career development. Watch online seminar. Generously sponsored by Xello.