Professional Development Event for PA CTE Professionals
The Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center
215 Innovation Blvd
State College, PA 16803
ACTE Group Rate Code: ACTE18A
Josh Davies is passionate about helping others make a difference in their lives, jobs, and community. Through his work as a speaker, trainer, and CEO of the Center for Work Ethic Development, Josh promotes the teaching of work ethics or soft skills, work readiness or portable job skills.
Schedule at a Glance
|Wednesday, Aug. 15|
|10:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||Registration Open|
|1:30-2:00 p.m.||First Time Attendee Orientation|
|2:00-3:30 p.m.||Opening Session|
|3:30-4:30 p.m.||Panel Presentation – The Future of CTE in PA|
|6:00-8:00 p.m.||Dinner / Awards Program|
|Thursday, Aug. 16|
|8:00 a.m.-Noon||Registration Open / Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.||Exhibits Open|
|9:00-10:30 a.m.||General Session|
|10:30-11:00 a.m.||Exhibitor Time & A.M. Break|
|1:00-1:50 p.m.||Breakout Sessions (4)||(1) Welding Technical Updating 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|1:50-2:00 p.m.||Transition Time|
|2:00-2:50 p.m.||Breakout Sessions (4)||(1) Construction Technical Updating 2:00-4:00 p.m.|
|3:00-3:45 p.m.||Exhibitor Time & P.M. Break||(1) Cosmetology Technical Updating 3:00-5:00 p.m.|
|4:00-4:50 p.m.||Breakout Sessions (4)|
|Friday, Aug. 17|
|8:00-9:00 a.m.||Breakfast / Auction / Raffle Winners Announced|
|9:00-10 a.m.||Roundtable Discussions|
|10:00-11:30 a.m.||Closing Session|
- Be a Millennial Magnet! How to Attract, Manage and Engage the Millennial Workforce
- From Opportunity to Career: Ensuring Early Exposure and Engagement
- Teaching Patient Care and Empathy to Today’s Students through Hands-on Learning
- Claim Evidence Reasoning (CER) in the Biomedical Classroom
- Your Introduction to Teaching in CTE: Essential Things to Know
- Developing and Facilitating Effective New CTE Educator Induction Programs
- SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Solution to Teaching and Measuring Career-ready Skills
- Getting the Most from NOCTI’s Teacher Resource Center
- Certifications and Individualized Education Program (IEP) Guidelines for CTE Professionals
- Aligning Every Student Succeed Act (ESSA), Perkins and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA): Promoting Career Readiness in Today’s Classrooms
- Beyond the Advisory Committee: A 360-degree Approach to Industry Engagement
- Mentorship — A Pathway for Student Success
Exhibitors & Sponsors
Is your company or school looking for a way to balance the right mix of marketing and advertising while remaining within budget and at the same time reach hundreds of education professionals? If so, we have the answer for you! Download the sponsor flyer.
Participate in PA ACTE 2018 by:
- Sponsoring a conference event
- Advertising in the conference program
- Exhibiting your company’s products or educational program
In order to register for the 2018 Professional Development Event for PA CTE Professionals, you must either log in with your ACTE member ID and password, or if you are not a member, then create a new account.
Once you start the registration, if you do NOT complete the registration, then you must logout. Next, click the link above again and log back in so that you can start the registration again, otherwise you may get an error message.
Where can I find my ID and password?
ACTE members, log in with your member ID (found on your ACTE membership card, new member e-mail or Techniques magazine mailing label) and password (the default password is your last name). If you have previously registered to use the site, use the user ID and password you received in ACTE’s welcome e-mail.
New to ACTE?
Click on “Create an Account” at the login prompt, and follow the account wizard (3 easy steps) to create a new account. Once you create the user account, you will receive an email with your login information
Allegheny Educational Systems, Inc.
American Technical Publishers
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Certiport, a Pearson VUE Business
Educational Solutions Enterprises
GDC IT Solutions
Goodheart-Willcox Co Inc
Offset Service & Sales
PA Restaurant & Lodging Association Education Foundation
Webster’s Fitness Products, INC
Grand Canyon University
IUP Center for Career & Technical Personnel Preparation
IUP-Indiana University of Pennsylvania Academy of Culinary Arts
Penn State University
Penn State Greater Allegheny
(PSERS) Public School Employees’ Retirement System
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Education Bureau of Career and Technical Education (PDE/BCTE)
Pennsylvania Association of Career and Technical Administrators (PACTA)
PSEA’s Department of Career and Technical Studies
PA ACTE Pennsylvania Association for Career & Technical Education (PA ACTE)
Thank you to our sponsors!