National Policy Seminar 2019
Building on the momentum of significant CTE policy achievements, the 2019 National Policy Seminar will provide:
- Policy and advocacy how-to sessions to help you continue to strengthen support for CTE
- Dedicated time on Capitol Hill to meet with legislators and advocate for your CTE programs
- Opportunities to exchange best practices and lessons learned for the future
- Perkins V symposium offering practical guidance as we move from reauthorization to state and local implementation
- Evening reception on Capitol Hill co-presented by ACTE and Career and Technical Student Organizations on March 26
New! Sunday Sessions
3:00 – 3:45 HEA 101
This session will provide a general overview of the law and its current structure and tenets; targeted toward those that are not as familiar with HEA.
4:00 – 5:00 Perkins 101
This session will provide a general overview of the law and its current structure and tenets; targeted toward those that are not as familiar with Perkins.
For the complete tentative agenda, click here.
Special Swiss Embassy Apprenticeship Event
When: March 25, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
The fee is an administrative fee charged by ACTE to cover transportation to the tour site and return service to the Crystal Gateway Marriott.
Back by popular demand, this special event for a limited number of NPS attendees will explore Swiss-style apprenticeships in the United States at the Embassy of Switzerland and will include:
- A workshop featuring the Swiss apprenticeship model along with experts sharing their knowledge and experience related to implementation at the model in the U.S.
- An evening cocktail reception and buffet dinner
- Transportation to and from the event
Hotel & Travel
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Richmond Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
Make your reservation online
Additional Hotel Option
Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City National Airport
1300 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
To make your reservations, please click here or call 703-979-9799 and mention ACTE National Policy Seminar to receive the discounted rate.
Hotel reservation deadline: Friday, March 1
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for Association for Career & Technical Education
You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMT3X
*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
NPS Member Early Bird by Feb. 22: $385
NPS Member Full Rate: $405
NPS Non-Member Early Bird by Feb. 22: $475
NPS Non-Member Full Rate: $505
NPS Student Early Bird by Feb. 22: $130
NPS Student Full Rate: $140
NPS Group Rate is 10% off 5 or more
Swiss Embassy Tour $40* – Sold Out
State Leadership Training Program $25
To view NPS 2018 Highlights, click here.