National Policy Seminar 2021
New Virtual Event – “Live” content, happening the week of February 22*
*All times are Eastern.
Join career and technical education professionals from across the nation to engage virtually on key policy topics:
- Hot topics in the 117th Congress
- A discussion of the new Administration’s education policy priorities
- Outlook and news from Members of Congress working on CTE issues for key committees
- Best practices in influencing federal policy related to CTE advocacy and messaging
- Virtual Hill and school visits
Virtual NPS Orientation
For a sneak preview of NPS, watch the orientation video to learn what you need to know to participate in next week’s virtual event:
- An overview of the event agenda and speakers
- How to navigate the NPS attendee website and use the materials included to prepare for the event
- The process of scheduling virtual “Hill” meetings with your federal policymakers
- Tips for conducting virtual meetings and other basic advocacy strategies
Virtual School Tour at NPS
Feb. 25, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Open to all NPS registered attendees
Join us on Thursday, Feb. 25 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. for a virtual tour of Butler Tech, one of the largest career and technical education districts in the nation. To kick off the virtual visit, we will be flying over southwest Ohio where Butler Tech’s six campuses and 11 associate schools cover over 370 square miles and serves over 18,0000 students daily. Learn how Butler Tech’s leading-edge curriculum meets the global workforce needs and provides a well-rounded education to all students in Butler County. See and hear directly from students, staff, and alumni how this CTE district has started the Education Revolution focusing on students pursuing their passion, finding their purpose and making an impact on the world. Pack your virtual bags, we will see you at NPS!
Mehlman Castagnetti Rosen & Thomas
Recognized as one of Washington’s top lobbyists by BusinessWeek, Washingtonian magazine, The Hill and Congressional Quarterly, David Castagnetti’s policy expertise has played a critical role in shaping many significant policy issues of the past two decades. His forte is translating complex policies into straightforward issues, then navigating the political, legislative and regulatory challenges that dictate outcomes. This combination of skill and working style has made Castagnetti a trusted advisor to Members of Congress, Fortune 100 CEOs and executives across Washington’s business community.
Castagnetti’s career has put him at the highest levels of politics, business and government. Before helping to found Mehlman Castagnetti, he served John Kerry as the top liaison to Congress for the Democratic nominee’s presidential campaign. He earned plaudits from House and Senate Members for his briefings on campaign strategy and messaging, deft handling of political requests, and sensitive management of surrogates and speaking roles at the Democratic National Convention.