Missouri Association for Career and Technical Education
“WE ARE CTE AND IT WORKS”
2019 Professional Development Opportunities
2019 VISION 1st Time Attendee
To encourage more Missouri ACTE members to attend this convention, the Missouri ACTE Professional Development Committee will select two (2) Missouri ACTE members who will attend their first ACTE convention to receive a stipend of $250 each toward their expenses. The funds will be awarded following proof of attendance. Priority will be given to applicants who have participated in local and state career and technical activities. You must be registered and attend the conference to be considered. Due September 30.
Missouri ACTE Tuition Reimbursement Award
The Missouri Professional Development Committee will award an annual scholarship to a current Missouri ACTE member. The scholarship will be in the amount of $500 and can be used as payment towards tuition or high-quality career and technical professional development training/workshops. The check will be sent to the educational institution at which the recipient chooses to study in an area of career and technical education, OR individual reimbursement following submission of proof
of payment and attendance. The entire $500 scholarship must be used within one year following the issuance of the scholarship or it is null and void. Due September 30.
Congratulations Jayme Caughron from MCCTA!
Jayme Caughron was selected by the national FCCLA organization as National School Administrator of the year for 2019!
- To unite in one statewide organization those persons who are interested in career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To establish and maintain active leadership in all types of career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To render service in promoting and stabilizing career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To provide an open forum for the study and discussion of all questions involved in career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To work with other states and agencies for the advancement of career, practical arts, technical and vocational education, in the state, and in the United States, and as an ally of the Association of Career and Technical Education.
- To encourage the further development and improvement of all programs of education related to career, practical arts, technical and vocational education and supportive services.
- To emphasize and encourage the promotion, improvement and expansion of programs of part-time and adult career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To support local, state and national legislation for career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- All individuals, firms, and/or organizations interested in the purposes of the Missouri ACTE shall be eligible for membership.
- Professional members shall be those individuals who are currently or formerly actively employed either full- or part-time in vocational education and members of Missouri ACTE divisions. Professional members shall be entitled to vote except as otherwise specified.
- Student members shall be those students enrolled in postsecondary institutions who are interested in promoting vocational education.
- Retired members shall be those individuals who have been Missouri ACTE professional members, are retired and are not actively employed in career, practical arts, technical and vocational education. Retired members shall be entitled to all membership rights with the exception of serving as a Missouri ACTE officer, a member of the board of directors, or a delegate in the House of Delegates.
- The membership year shall extend from July 1 until June 30, beginning with the receipt of dues by the Board of Directors or its designee.
- Annual dues shall be determined by the House of Delegates at the House of Delegates meeting and shall go into effect the following July 1.
Missouri ACTE Dates
- Fall Board of Directors meeting for MoACTE will be held Nov. 2. Location TBA very soon.
2017 ACTE Region III Carl Perkins Community Service Award
|ACTE is proud to recognize Ms. Kauffman of Seymour R-II School in Seymour, MO as the recipient of the 2017 ACTE Region III Carl Perkins Community Service Award. Ms. Kauffman’s selection for this award is a testament to the scope and impact of her contributions to career and technical education, and we are proud to include her among the ranks of distinguished individuals and entities from the CTE community whose efforts have enriched the field and advanced the goals of the Association.|
|Ms. Kauffman will be recognized at the annual ACTE Awards Banquet on December 6, in conjunction with ACTE’s CareerTech VISION in Nashville, TN. We encourage you to join us in celebrating Ms. Kauffman and her accomplishments at this exciting event!Read the official press release here.|