Missouri Association for Career and Technical Education
“WE ARE CTE AND IT WORKS”
|The Missouri Association for Career and Technical Education will promote the development of vocational-technical education within the state of Missouri. Special Emphasis must be placed on continued support of vocational-technical education at the secondary, post-secondary, and adult levels, while fostering partnerships with business and industry in the training and retraining of the Missouri workforce.Join us online today or print form.
Read more about CTE in the Show Me State – read the Missouri fact sheet.
- To unite in one statewide organization those persons who are interested in career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To establish and maintain active leadership in all types of career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To render service in promoting and stabilizing career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To provide an open forum for the study and discussion of all questions involved in career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To work with other states and agencies for the advancement of career, practical arts, technical and vocational education, in the state, and in the United States, and as an ally of the Association of Career and Technical Education.
- To encourage the further development and improvement of all programs of education related to career, practical arts, technical and vocational education and supportive services.
- To emphasize and encourage the promotion, improvement and expansion of programs of part-time and adult career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- To support local, state and national legislation for career, practical arts, technical and vocational education.
- All individuals, firms, and/or organizations interested in the purposes of the Missouri ACTE shall be eligible for membership.
- Professional members shall be those individuals who are currently or formerly actively employed either full- or part-time in vocational education and members of Missouri ACTE divisions. Professional members shall be entitled to vote except as otherwise specified.
- Student members shall be those students enrolled in postsecondary institutions who are interested in promoting vocational education.
- Retired members shall be those individuals who have been Missouri ACTE professional members, are retired and are not actively employed in career, practical arts, technical and vocational education. Retired members shall be entitled to all membership rights with the exception of serving as a Missouri ACTE officer, a member of the board of directors, or a delegate in the House of Delegates.
- The membership year shall extend from July 1 until June 30, beginning with the receipt of dues by the Board of Directors or its designee.
- Annual dues shall be determined by the House of Delegates at the House of Delegates meeting and shall go into effect the following July 1.
2017 ACTE Region III Carl Perkins Community Service Award
|ACTE is proud to recognize Ms. Kauffman of Seymour R-II School in Seymour, MO as the recipient of the 2017 ACTE Region III Carl Perkins Community Service Award. Ms. Kauffman’s selection for this award is a testament to the scope and impact of her contributions to career and technical education, and we are proud to include her among the ranks of distinguished individuals and entities from the CTE community whose efforts have enriched the field and advanced the goals of the Association.|
|Ms. Kauffman will be recognized at the annual ACTE Awards Banquet on December 6, in conjunction with ACTE’s CareerTech VISION in Nashville, TN. We encourage you to join us in celebrating Ms. Kauffman and her accomplishments at this exciting event!Read the official press release here.|
Missouri ACTE Dates for 2017-2018
- Fall Board Meeting Monday, October 23, 2017 – Farm Bureau Building located on Missouri Blvd. Jefferson City, MO
- ACTE Career Tech Vision 2017 December 6th – December 9th ACTE, Nashville, TN Gaylord Opryland Resort
- Legislative Day Wednesday, February 14, 2018 Missouri State Capital
- ACTE NPS March 4-7, 2018 Washington DC Crystal Gateway Marriott Arlington, VA
- Spring Board Meeting Monday, April 2nd, 2018 Governor’s Office Building Rm 450 Jefferson City, MO
- ACTE Region III June 20-22, 2018 La Crosse, WI
- Summer Conference July 23-26, 2018 Springfield