ACTE Excellence Awards
The MI ACTE awards seek to promote excellence in career and technical education by recognizing individuals who have positively impacted students, made extraordinary contributions to the field, programs that exemplify the highest standards, and organizations that have conducted activities to promote and expand career and technical education programs.
- Michigan ACTE Teacher of the Year – for members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers at the secondary school level
- Michigan ACTE New Teacher of the Year – for members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers (at secondary or post-secondary level) who are new to the teaching profession (3-5 years’ experience)
- Michigan ACTE Administrator of the Year – for members employed as full-time CTE administrators, program specialists, coordinators, and all other CTE personnel and staff (not employed as teachers or guidance professionals)
- Michigan ACTE Career Guidance Award – for members employed as full-time school counselors and/or career development professionals
- Michigan ACTE Lifetime Achievement Award – recognizes CTE professionals for their leadership on behalf of ACTE, their innovations in CTE and their contributions to the field over an extended period of time.
The commitment of the Michigan Association of Career and Technical Education (MI ACTE) is to partner with all related agencies to provide a one-stop information finding experiences for teachers, administrators, students, parents and business and industry. MI ACTE is committed to the promotion and advocacy for CTE Programs, teachers, and students throughout the State of Michigan.