Maryland Career and Technical Administrators
- July 23 & 24, 2019 -2019 MCTA SUMMER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE – Turf Valley
MCTA Goals & Bylaws
- Advocate for shared concerns with Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), Division of Career and College Readiness (DCCR)
- Develop strategies and share best practices in order to address federal and state government policy requirements related to Career and Technology Education (CTE)
- Promote collaboration and communication among stakeholders to strengthen partnerships and share best practices, strategies, and concerns
- Ensure that all students are career and college ready
What is ACTE?
ACTE is the largest national education association serving thousands of professionals dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. ACTE can help you grow as a CTE professional in Maryland via National ACTE – your professional development and advocacy association for CTE. Our members represent all facets of career and technical education (CTE) and include:
- Secondary and middle school CTE teachers and administrators
- Postsecondary CTE instructors, faculty, administrators and deans
- Guidance counselors
- Students studying to become CTE educators
- Federal and state government education professionals
- Nonprofit organizations active in the advancement of CTE
- Corporations working with CTE programs and educators on workplace skills
Learn more about the comprehensive benefits of membership!
Membership has its rewards:
|Get access to high quality professional development to enrich your curriculum and advance your career. Join 3,500+ CTE professionals for ACTE’s CareerTech VISION.|
|Influence CTE-related legislation and funding, drive economic development, and voice your policy priorities at local, state and national levels.|
|Whether it’s online or in person, cultivate a knowledgeable network for sharing and exchanging ideas.|
News and Updates
|Receive a subscription to Techniques magazine and ACTE News, Legislative Alerts, Career Tech Update, STEM SmartBrief and more.|
|Achieve national recognition through state, regional, and national ACTE awards programs honoring the most distinguished CTE educators and programs.|
Peace of Mind
|Group life and AD&D insurance and professional liability coverage.|
|Member-exclusive discounts for ACTE events and countless CTE products.|
|Check out ACTE’s online Job Bank to help you find new and exciting work.|
Individual membership is $80* and includes access to ACTE national benefits.
*Division dues may vary.
Visit ACTE or call 1-800-826-9972 to join!
Maryland Fact Sheet
CTE in the Old Line State – Read the Maryland fact sheet
Marquita Friday, Director of Career Programs
Dr. Nicassia Belton, Director of Data and Accountability for Career Programs
Nina Roa, Interim Director of Finance and Legislation for Career Programs
Assistant State Superintendent
Division of Career and College Readiness