Scholarships for Your CTE Students
The Horatio Alger Association will accept student applications for its career and technical scholarships on a rolling basis until all scholarships are awarded. The association will award 1,020 new CTE scholars to pursue their academic programs at community colleges and nonprofit institutions with a maximum award amount of $2,500 depending on the length of program and need of the student.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2019
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.