Scholarships for Your CTE Students
The Horatio Alger Association is now accepting student applications for its career and technical scholarships until June 15. This year, the association will award 1,020 new CTE scholars to pursue their academic programs at community colleges and nonprofit institutions with a maximum award amount of $2,500 depending on the length of program and need of the student.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2019
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.