ACTEA will make every attempt to bring you the most current career and technical education information and resources to support program development and the advancement of CTE in your region. Live links are reviewed routinely. If you encounter a “broken link”, or would like to see some additional resources, please let us know through the “CONTACT” link above. Stop back often to see updates.
NYS CTE Teacher Organizations
- Business Teachers Association of New York State (BTANYS)
- New York Association of Agricultural Educators (NYAAE)
- New York State Association of Family and Consumer Science Educators (NYSAFCSE)
- New York State Health Sciences Educators Association (NYSHSEA)
- New York State Technology and Engineering Educator’s Association (NYSTEEA)
- The New York State Trade and Technical Teachers’ Association (NYSTTTA)
- New York State Work Experience Coordinators’ Association (NYS WECA)
CTE Administrative and Program Resources
- Regional Meetings Information and Schedule
- NYSACTE White Paper on Course Requirements for Graduation
- Summary — A Pathways Concentration Model for Graduation
- New York State Perkins V State Plan Update
- Office of Teacher Certification
- Association for Career and Technical Educators (National)
- Career and Technical Education Technical Assistance Center of NY
- New York State Education Department
- On-Line Application System for Educators
- Regents Policy on CTE and Program Approval
- SED’s CTE website
- SED’s Perkins website
- Common Core State Standards
- Bringing the Common Core to Life
- State CTE Career Advising Development
- Making a Winning Case for CTE: How State Leaders Can Put this Research to Work
CTE Industry and Program Resources
- American Culinary Foundation
- American Welding Society
- Criminal Justice Studies Technical Education Career Instruct
- HVAC Excellence
- Learning Systems Associates
- National Automotive Technicians Foundation
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills, Inc. (NIMS)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI)
- The New York State Restaurant Association
- New York State Automobile Dealers Association
- PERKINS V:
- If you have not seen it, here is the link to the PPT slides SED used on Perkins V. (November NYSACTE ZOOM meeting agenda item one)
- THE BLUE RIBBON GRADUATION COMMISSION
- The NYSACTE survey was answered by all of the professional organizations. Thank you for taking the time to let your voice be heard. A special thank you to TAC for assisting with the survey.
- Peter and I are in the process of putting together a draft of a unified message, from the survey responses, addressing the BOR five guided questions. We will shared out the draft to you for your input and approval. From your discussions and input, we will then revise and create a final unified message addressing the guided questions. (The draft will be posted on the WIKI )
- The hearings in each judicial district have been moved from beginning in November to beginning in January. As soon as the meeting dates are released, we will be looking for individuals to attend these meetings with our unified message. CTE needs to be present at these meetings and the BOR need to hear our unified message.
(November NYSACTE ZOOM meeting agenda item two)
- NYSACTE FELLOWSHIP:
- All of the information pertaining to this program is posted on the WIKI.
- The only revision that was suggested is to move the start date of the program from September to October. This will give the participants time to begin school.
(November NYSACTE ZOOM meeting agenda item three)
- NOVEMBER NYSACTE ZOOM MEETING:
- Connie Costly will be sending out the reminder of the meeting, the meeting call/computer invitation/information, and the agenda. You can also locate all of this on the WIKI. Please let me know if you are not able to join us for the November NYSACTE ZOOM meeting.
- PERKINS V:
This is an exciting time for NYSACTE as we move forward in #CTEunited, #CTEstrong!
Other Resources for Online
Watch the video below to get a behind the scenes look at the CTE Strong Campaign.
Recommendations for Developing College and Career Ready Students
A position paper of the New York State Association for Career and Technical Education