Members of the Work-Based Learning Section are professionals working to provide students with authentic learning experiences in business and industry. These professionals are educators, counselors, and school-to-work/work-based learning coordinators. Members of this section involve students in experiences on all levels of the work-based learning continuum.
This section provides guidance and resources in offering quality work-based learning experiences for students, as outlined under the work-based learning element within the ACTE High Quality Framework. This section can also assist those in states that choose to report on work-based learning for the new Perkins program quality indicator or in other state accountability systems to strengthen their student outcomes.
Join the Work-Based Learning Section today and benefit from the many professional development opportunities that are available. You can count on receiving an outstanding return on your investment.
State Resource Links
Promotional Resources for Work-Based Learning
Resources for Members Only
Take advantage of the resources and recorded video sessions offered exclusively to members. Be sure to log in for access.
ACTE WBL Section Sponsored Zoom Panels
- Work-Based Learning: Engaging Students Virtually
- How to Find Friends & Grow the WBL Community in your State – Wed., Sept. 23 @ 2:30 pm CT
- Work-Based Learning: Collaboration with other Organizations — tba
ACTE Work-Based Learning / Youth Apprenticeship Section
Monthly Panel Presentations
Zoom links are sent out 1 week prior to all section members. All recorded Zoom Panels are saved to the Members-only section.
- ACTE WBL Section Sponsored Zoom Panel – How to Find Friends & Grow the WBL Community in your State Panel – Wednesday, September 23 @ 12:30 pm PT/1:30 pm MST/2:30 pm CT/3 pm ET
Do you know who to ask when you have a question about WBL? Who have you connected with to make your program work? Connect with panel members at all levels of program development and learn how to find friends and grow your WBL community.
- ACTE WBL Section Sponsored Zoom Panel – Work-Based Learning: Collaboration with other Organizations – Wednesday, October 14, @ 12 pm PT/ 1 pm MT/2 pm CT/3 pm ET.
With the passage of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Reauthorization of Perkin V, and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement ACT (IDEA 2004), we as professionals have an opportunity to work jointly and ensure more youth have work based learning opportunities while they are still in secondary school. Our collective knowledge and research indicate that this experience, WBL, is a game changer for most young people, regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status. As individuals and as members of professional organizations, we can promote work-based learning for every student.
- ACTE WBL Section Zoom on College & Career Fair Toolkit – Tuesday, November 10 @ 12 pm PT/ 1 pm MT/2 pm CT/3 pm ET. \
- ACTE WBL Section Zoom for WBL educators – Monday, December 14 @ 12 pm PT/ 1 pm MT/2 pm CT/3 pm ET.
What are the requirements to be a Work-Based Learning Coordinator? Every state is different, and some states do not have any requirements. Listen to a panel of work-based learning certifying educators to learn what is covered in these courses.
- ACTE WBL Section + ACTE Business Education Zoom – School-based Enterprises – planned for January 2021
- ACTE WBL Section Zoom Panel – Celebrating CTE (signing day, etc.) – planned for February 2021
Access Work-Based Learning Conference
Live Event held on April 22, 2020
ACTE members receive a 10% discount on registration