San Antonio, Texas, is a city with something to celebrate. It also happens to be the host city for ACTE’s CareerTech VISION 2018, held Nov. 28–Dec. 1 at the Henry B. González Convention Center. VISION is the preeminent annual event for career and technical educators, where educators, industry representatives and business leaders connect, learn and grow — all, together, in an effort to promote career and technical education (CTE) fields as a viable and valuable career pathway.
The city of San Antonio honors its 300th birthday in the year 2018 and in what better fashion than by celebrating the diverse, multifaceted nature of CTE. ACTE’s CareerTech VISION 2018 will provide for attendees four packed days of high-quality professional development, prime networking opportunities and direct access to thousands of individuals invested in CTE. Make your travel plans and register today (The advance registration discount is on now, through Oct. 26!) to attend VISION because you won’t want to miss the:
- Renowned keynote speakers, exploring new directions in CTE
- 300+ concurrent sessions, covering the complete spectrum of secondary and postsecondary CTE
- CareerTech Expo and interactive exhibitor workshops
- Career Pavilion, providing essential resources on several CTE career pathways
- Wednesday workshops and tours, offering insights into focused topics and CTE programming
- Awards Banquet, a heartwarming gathering of dedicated CTE professionals and supporters
- Opportunities to connect, collaborate and build lasting friendships with CTE professionals from around the globe
- STEM is CTE Symposium, addressing diversity, equity and access issues to STEM fields via CTE programs
Where the teacher becomes a student, and the student becomes a better teacher. With more than 300 concurrent sessions that span the spectrum of career and technical education, the educational program at ACTE’s CareerTech VISION offers something for everyone.
Wednesday, Nov. 28 kicks off the premier event for CTE professionals with hands-on workshops and tours that highlight model programs and industry partners in and around San Antonio, Texas. On Thursday morning grab a bite to eat at the First-time Attendee Orientation and Breakfast, generously sponsored by the U.S. Army, before gathering in the main hall for what promises to be an inspirational opening general session from Jenna Hager.
Jenna Hager, a former teacher in Baltimore, is effusive in her passion for literacy and education. As founding chair of UNICEF’s Next Generation, Hager has committed her life’s work to transforming lives through compassion, community support and educational opportunities.
VISION Program Highlights
With more than 300 sessions, the comprehensive VISION program covers key trends and innovations in nearly every aspect of CTE.
- High-quality CTE Framework
- Sequencing and Articulation
- Student Assessment
- Prepared and Effective Program Staff
- Engaging Instruction
- Access and Equity
- Facilities and Equipment
- Business & Community Partnerships
- Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Work-based Learning
- Data and Program Improvement
- Funding and Perkins
- Integration of Academics and CTE
- Administrator Trends and Issues
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Guidance and Career Development
- Marketing Education
- Health Science Education
- Engineering and Technology Education
- Trade and Industrial Education
- Postsecondary, Adult and Career Education
The full article, “A Celebration in San Antonio: ACTE’s CareerTech VISION 2018,” will appear in the September issue of TECHNIQUES. Watch your mailboxes for this and other great content from career and technical educators, for career and technical educators.