Policy & Advocacy Publications
Policy, Advocacy and Research Publications
ACTE® has produced a number of resources for CTE professionals to use in local, state and federal advocacy efforts and public outreach for CTE, as well as publications that synthesize state and national policies and relevant CTE research.
- Fact Sheets: Quick facts and research points about CTE.
- State Fact Sheets: These printable one-page documents provide basics on your state's CTE program, including delivery, funding, enrollment, performance statistics and profiles of exemplary programs.
- Career Readiness Series: This series of publications outlines what it means to be career ready and explores how elements of the CTE system can contribute to students' overall career readiness.
- Sector Sheets (sponsored by Pearson): Sector Sheets describe CTE's role in growing the qualified workforce for high-growth, high-demand industries such as advanced manufacturing and healthcare.
- Issue Briefs: These publications are designed to highlight the role of CTE in a broader issue of national interest. Each brief serves to strengthen the voice of CTE related to the specific issue and to draw more attention to CTE activities and best practices around the country. The briefs provide background information, highlight research, profile CTE programs and include numerous examples of how CTE is tied to the broader issue.
- Issue Sheets: Issue Sheets are short summaries of ACTE's Issue Briefs, exploring the role that CTE plays in broad areas of national interest.
- Other Policy Papers: These reports from ACTE and other CTE-related organizations provide background information, describe programs and address important policy issues related to CTE.
- State Policies Impacting CTE: Year in Review: This publication gives an overview and a state-by-state summary of CTE-related policies enacted each year, including a chart showing key trends across the country, co-produced with the National Association of State Directors of CTE Consortium.
- Research-to-Practice Briefs: ACTE Research-to-Practice Briefs present relevant research on topics of interest to CTE practitioners and include recommendations on applying research in practice.
- NRCCUA CTE Works! Research Report: Findings from our annual, nationwide survey of CTE students and educators, conducted in partnership with the National Research Center for College and University Admissions™ (NRCCUA®).
- State CTE Profiles: These profiles are intended to provide clarity and context to the complex and diverse CTE systems that exist today, and highlight important initiatives and policy developments occurring in states across the country.
- CTE Research Clearinghouse: The clearinghouse provides detailed information on topics of key interest to career and technical educators and administrators.
- CTE Prepares the Qualified Workforce: CTE is at the forefront of preparing youth and adults to succeed in fast-growing, high-paid jobs in high-growth industries around the country. ACTE has compiled workforce and industry data from several sources to tell the story of how CTE works for preparing the qualified workforce.
- CTE Monthly Newsletters: CTE Monthly is a roundup of news - from the local to the federal level - about CTE, highlighting upcoming events, new publications and exemplary students, programs, schools and partnerships. It is produced in partnership with the National Association of State Directors of CTE Consortium and is sent to Capitol Hill staff and stakeholders in the Department of Education, Department of Labor and related organizations.