New and Related Services Division
Learn more about the New and Related Services Division from
Indian Capital Technology Center-Muskogee
||The New and Related Services Division includes several sections. These sections represent individuals from emerging areas of career and technical education unrelated to an established ACTE Division or individuals from areas that provide specialized support to broad areas of career and technical education that often cut across all Divisions (see list below).
Membership in each NRS section provides an opportunity for specialized professional growth and development, as well as participation in all NRS and ACTE activities. Twenty-five members are required to establish a new section*, 200 members to create an Emerging Division and 750 members to become a Board Division with representation on ACTE's Board of Directors by an elected vice president.
Presently, the New and Related Services Division sections include:
The ACTE New and Related Services Division is aligned with the following career clusters:
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Business, Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety and Security
- Marketing, Sales and Service
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Full ACTE Division/Career Clusters Matrix
Organizations that are affiliates of the New and Related Services Division include:***
- AIM—Association for Instructional Materials
- APDCTE—Association for Professional Development in Career and Technical Education
- ACTER—Association for Career and Technical Education Research
- CBITS—Customized Business and Industry Training Services
- IVETA—International Vocational Education and Training Association
- NATPL—National Association for Tech Prep Leaders
*For information on the establishment of a new section in the New and Related Services Division, please contact NRS Vice President Sherry Adrian.
**Formerly related subjects are language arts, mathematics, social sciences and humanities.
***Organizations interested in becoming NRS affiliates may contact NRS Vice President Anesa Hooper.
New and Related Services Division Resources