ACTE Announces 2016 Board Election Results
January 5, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 5, 2016
Contact: Sean Lynch
ACTE ANNOUNCES 2016 BOARD ELECTION RESULTS
ALEXANDRIA, VA-The Association for Career and Technical Education announced today the election results for new members of the organization's Board of Directors. The new Board members were elected by members of the Association during its annual election process.
The results of the election include the following:
- President Elect - Gina Riggs, who will serve a one-year term beginning in July, 2016, followed by one year as president and one year as past president. Gina is the EMS Director at Kiamichi Technology Center in Poteau, OK.
- Region I Vice President-Elect - Jon Quatman, who will serve a three-year term beginning in July, 2017. Jon is the Vice President at Great Oaks Career Campuses in Cincinnati, OH.
- Region II Vice President - Brian Law, who will serve a three-year term beginning in July, 2016. Brian is a School Counselor at Valdosta High School in Valdosta, GA.
- Business Education Division Vice President - Kelli Diemer, who will serve a three-year term beginning July 2016. Kelli is a Business/Marketing Education Consultant at the Iowa Department of Education in Des Moines, IA.
- New and Related Services Vice President - Anesa Hooper, who will serve a three-year term beginning July 2016. Anesa is the District Marketing/Public Information Coordinator at Indian Capital Technology Center in Muskogee, OK.
- Trade and Industrial Education Vice President-Elect - Dean Baker, who will serve a three-year term beginning July 2017. Dean is the Precision Machining/Computer Numerical Control Instructor at Francis Tuttle Technology Center in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Region IV Vice President-Elect - Christine Holecek, who will serve a three-year term beginning July 2017. Christine is the CTE Education Specialist II for the Education Service Center Region 12 in Waco, TX.
Also joining the Board in July 2016 are Lorri Carlile, President; Rachel Gonzalez, a FACS Teacher at Lakeridge Jr. High School in Orem, UT, who will serve a three-year term as the Family and Consumer Sciences Vice President; and Cindy Stover, who will serve a three-year term as Region III Vice President. Stover will represent Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
For more information on the winners, including biographies and photos, please contact Lauren Lessels. To learn more about ACTE's Board of Directors, please visit www.acteonline.org.
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) is the nation's largest not-for-profit association committed to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. ACTE represents the community of CTE professionals, including educators, administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others at all levels of education. ACTE is committed to excellence in providing advocacy, public awareness and access to resources, professional development and leadership opportunities.