ACTE is your resource for quick, to-the-point information that will help you make the case for CTE with policymakers, businesses and the public.
General Fact Sheets
CTE Today (Use it to introduce people quickly to the value of CTE.)
CTE Works! (Use to demonstrate the value of CTE.)
- Overview of CTE focusing on numbers that will grab the attention of busy legislators, industry leaders and their staff.
- Research overview of CTE's impact on student academic achievement, dropout rates, adult workforce needs, earnings and employment outcomes, the skills gap and state economies.
Investing in Career and Technical Education Yields Big Returns (Use it to show policymakers how investments in CTE will pay off for your community and state.)
- Statistics from return-on-investment research of CTE programs across the country, showing that the economic impact CTE can have locally, statewide and nationally is enormous.
CTE for a Strong Economy (Use it to help introduce CTE to those unfamiliar with today's programs.)
- Explores the changes that have taken place in CTE in recent years and its benefits to students and the economy in this era of global competitiveness.
What Is A Credential? (Use it to help policymakers understand CTE educational attainment options.)
- Defines the different types of credentials available to CTE students, including educational certificates, degrees, certifications and government-issued licenses.
- Learn the benefits of encouraging your child to participate in CTE.
College and Career Ready Through CTE Infographic
- Findings from our annual, nationwide survey of CTE students and educators, conducted in partnership with the National Research Center for College and University Admissions™ (NRCCUA®).
- Sector Sheets describe CTE's role in growing the qualified workforce for vital industry sectors. Share with industry, education leaders, policymakers and the public to illustrate how CTE supports specific industries and prepares students for career success. Pearson proudly sponsors the ACTE Sector Sheets and Microdoc Series.
Issue Sheet: CTE's Role in Rural Education
- Explores how CTE supports rural students and the needs of local economies by providing rigorous and relevant career pathways that engage students in planning for their futures; develop students’ academic, technical and employability skills; and provide opportunities for work-based learning and mentorship, all delivered flexibly and creatively through different school formats.
Issue Sheet: CTE's Role in American Competitiveness
- Explores how CTE plays a vital role in developing a well-educated workforce that supports American productivity and innovation through its emphasis on college and career readiness, including academic, technical and employability skills; its partnerships with industry; and its focus on postsecondary attainment that leads to careers that drive the global economy. Also see Business-Education Partnerships in CTE: Driving American Competitiveness.
Issue Sheet: CTE's Role in Worker Retraining
- Explores the essential role that CTE programs play in addressing many issues faced by unemployed and underemployed workers. These programs target the adult learner through short-term and accelerated courses; use flexible learning approaches to account for students’ other responsibilities; addresses wraparound support services to increase student success; and high-demand career areas to ensure students are prepared for jobs that exist in local economies.
Issue Sheet: CTE's Role in Energy and Environmental Sustainabilty
- Explores the growing role CTE programs play in efforts to increase energy and environmental sustainability. CTE offers early exposure to students regarding sustainable-energy career options through curriculum integration, provides the cutting-edge training necessary to ensure future employees meet workforce pipeline needs, and sets an example through state-of-the-art green buildings that become part of the curriculum.
Issue Sheet: CTE's Role in Dropout Prevention
- Summary of CTE's Role in Dropout Prevention and Recovery and includes concrete policy actions needed. It explores the critical role that CTE plays in dropout prevention and in helping more students complete high school through increasing student engagement and positive relationships.