Educator Resource Center
The Educator Resource Center houses career and technical education resources to help teachers and administrators pursue continuing education, improve classroom instruction and develop new and innovative programs. Search the Lesson Plan Library for ideas to enliven your classroom and submit your own tried-and-true lesson plan, and learn about professional development online and in person.
- ACTE has provided a vast array of e-media tools for CTE teachers.
- CTE is for everyone, and how to relate to students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds is important to the modern CTE teacher. Check out our diversity resources!
- Oklahoma ACTE has a wiki, iTeach-CareerTech, for sharing valuable resources and practices.
- Practical Innovation 2012 for the Alliance of Education participating middle or high schools are automatically qualified for the STEM Academy's STEM Jump Start Grant Program. The application period extends to Aug. 31, 2012, but ACTE members who apply before April 1 can have their grants increased from $2,500 to $5,000. Click here to learn more and apply.
- ACTE's long-term partnership with USA Today has resulted in Future Forward: Tools to Fuel College and Career Readiness, a CTE-focused literacy program that is easy to use a CTE-focused literacy program that is easy to use—order today!
- The USA Today partnership extends to include the CTE Teachers' Lounge, a community blog where teachers can collaborate and commiserate.
- Learn all about how to use an iPad for classroom use at iTunesU.
- Celebrate the skilled trades with The Discovery Channel's Mike Rowe at mikeroweWORKS.
- Join Johnson & Johnson's Campaign for Nursing’s Future at www.CampaignforNursing.com and www.DiscoverNursing.com.
- The National Center for Construction Education and Research's bi-annual publication, The Cornerstone, addresses workforce development, including how-to articles and information on craft training, safety and management education, recruitment and image enhancement, and return on investment.
- The Verizon Foundation's Thinkfinity Community is an online meeting place for educators, parents and anybody interested in education to get together to share their thoughts.
- Are you concerned about cybersecurity for your students in and out of the classroom? AntiVirusWare provides a helpful list of do's and don'ts.
- NIOSH and OSHA have provided a new Spanish-language manual for nail gun safety. You can find it on the NIOSH website. Contact 800-321-OSHA for hard copies.
Safe Schools Resources
NIOSH Safety Guide for CTE
Porter Cable Safety Sheets
Utah State Office of Education CTE Safety
ACTE Leadership Training Program
ACTE is proud to offer you an opportunity to develop the leadership
skills of existing and potential leaders in your state association. The Leadership Development Task Force
has developed a new state leadership training program to further
develop current state and regional association leaders, while also
exposing up and coming leaders to leadership development.
ACTE National Leadership Fellowship Program
The ACTE National Leadership Fellowship Program began in 2009 as an
Opportunity Fund project initiated by the ACTE Board of Directors. As of
2011, three classes of Fellows have completed the program. In summary, the ACTE Fellowship Program is an instrument to provide professional development, policy knowledge and leadership development.
Anatomy in Clay Learning System Workshop - Madisonville
84th Annual IACTE Conference and Annual Meeting
View All Events