CTE Support Fund Committee
CTE Support Fund Committee Meeting Minutes-VISION 2014
CTE Support Fund Committee Representatives
CTE Support Fund Committee Member Position Description
Date Appointed: July 2015
CHAIR: Brandon Cone
BOARD LIAISON: Sherry Siler, Sherry Adrian, Dodie Bemis, Juli Gilyard and Cindy McConnell
STAFF LIAISON: Kevin Oshinskie
MEMBERS: One representative from each Region
To sponsor activities that provide adequate funding for the Association, state associations and members to advocate legislative and regulatory positions that support, enhance and recognize the value of career and technical education.
This is a committee of the Board appointed under procedures adopted pursuant to Article 8.1 of the Bylaws.
3.1 The committee shall consist of two representatives from each ACTE Region, the chair of the ACTE Legislative Committee and a representative from the National Executive Directors Association (NEDA).
3.2 The term of office is the Association operating year. Members serve for a two-year period and may serve up to two terms.
3.3 The Region vice presidents shall appoint their representatives. Committee members must have an interest or expertise in fundraising activities and the grassroots process. Committee members must attend ACTE's CareerTech VISION in person in order to participate in the CTE Support Fund activities.
3.4 The committee elects its chair and vice chair with the approval of the Board of Directors. The chair and vice chair serve for one year.
The CTE Support Fund is responsible for raising money to support the advocacy and awareness efforts of the Association. In achieving this goal, the committee has the following objectives:
- Establish an annual dollar goal for the fund.
- Develop a plan for increasing the CTE Support Fund that raises the awareness of members as to the existence of the Fund and includes a fundraising campaign to generate contributions at state, regional, and national meetings, as well as an ongoing focus on soliciting donations through existing ACTE mediums including the ACTE website and e-newsletter.
- Provide feedback, suggestions and ideas to ACTE staff on a plan to maximize the Region structure for the raising of money.
- Provide feedback, suggestions and ideas on ways to recognize all Fund donors.
- Coordinate and facilitate the CTE Support Fund activities during ACTE's CareerTech VISION, National Policy Seminar, and other association events.