Lifetime Achievement Award
To recognize the contributions and distinguished accomplishments of those persons who have been identified with the work and purposes of the Association for Career and Technical Education.
The award will be presented to distinguished ACTE members who have been identified with the work and purposes of the association and whose contributions have made a significant impact on the field of CTE at state, regional, and national levels.
The nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- impact of contributions on student achievement, curriculum, community, career and technical education programs
- significant contributions at the state, regional and national level
- contributions or prominence achieved above and beyond job assignments
All nominations must come from ACTE members. Each nominee must be endorsed or sponsored by an association, agency group, several individuals or a combination of these.
All applications for this award must include the following (materials should be written in the third person; events should be dated and listed with the most recent first):
1. Nomination Form
2. Outstanding Accomplishments of the Nominee: List the contributions and achievements of the nominee that have advanced career and technical education. List pertinent information that will clearly indicate the nominee's contributions beyond his or her job assignment. Also list outstanding accomplishments of the nominee which are identified with the work and purposes of the Association of Career and Technical Education. This information should show the commitment and dedication to the association. Limit to one page.
3. Support: On a separate sheet for each heading, please describe the following in regards to the nominee (limit to one page per heading):
Section A— Impact of contributions on student achievement, curriculum, community, career and technical education programs.
Section B—Significant contributions at the national, regional and state level.
Section C—Contributions or prominence achieved above and beyond job assignments. Support information can include, but should not be limited to, honors and/or recognition, professional offices held, professional memberships and activities and major publications.
4. Letters of support (no more than 10 pages). Letters should be one page in length. (Suggested endorsers might include political leaders, professional association leaders, business and industrial leaders, educational leaders, civic leaders, parents and students.)
5. Photo: Should be digital, high resolution (at least 300dpi), and submitted electronically in .jpg format. Files 2MB or larger are preferred. (The photograph will be used for publicity purposes only.)
All applications should be submitted electronically in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7, 2013. Awards will be presented to winners during the Awards Banquet during CareerTech VISION 2013 in Las Vegas.