Family and Consumer Sciences Education Division
Learn more about the FACS Division from Charlotte Gray
600 Campus Dr.
Wentzville, MO 63385
Phone: 636-327-3876 x26287
The Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) Education Division helps to promote and enhance FACS education throughout the United States and cooperates with other Divisions to advance the purposes of ACTE.
The purpose of the FACS Division is to prepare students for family life, work life and careers in FACS by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed for:
- strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings
- promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families
- balancing personal, home, family and work lives
- using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community and work environments
- successful life management, employment and career development
- functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services
- appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and success in family and work life
The FACS Division does this by empowering individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. Our unique focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships.
The ACTE Family and Consumer Sciences Education Division is aligned with the following career clusters:
|Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
||Architecture and Construction
|Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
||Education and Training
|Hospitality and Tourism
|Marketing, Sales and Service
||Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Congratulations to the 2015 National ACTE award winners from the FACS Division!
Do you know a FACS teacher who deserves recognition?
Learn more about the ACTE Member Awards and how to apply in your state.
Full ACTE Division/Career Clusters Matrix
Sections of the Family and Consumer Sciences Education Division:
- NATFACS—National Association Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences
- NATEFACS—National Association Teacher Educators of Family and Consumer Sciences
- NASAFACS—National Association State Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences
FACS Graduate Fellowship Information
Who We Are
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit association committed to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. ACTE represents the community of CTE professionals, including educators, administrators, researchers, guidance counselors and others at all levels of education. ACTE is committed to excellence in providing advocacy, public awareness and access to resources, professional development and leadership opportunities.
What We Do
ACTE is committed to enhancing the job performance and satisfaction of
its members; to increasing public awareness and appreciation for career
and technical programs; and to assuring growth in local, state and
federal funding for these programs by communicating and working with
legislators and government leaders.
2015 Montana ACTE Professional Development
ACTE's CareerTech VISION 2015
View All Events